Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Forum Idea

MadFor3D

Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like there should be a forum called "Original Recordings For Critique" something of that nature. I'm a recording hobbyist and I have some of my songs on Mp3.com. I've always wished though, that there was a forum where I could post (works in progress) and get feedback from people with more experience than myself.

Is there a forum like this somewhere?

Thanks,

Madrone

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/24/madrone_candea.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking the same thing. There are a lot of critique threads scattered around the forum. I think the largest is in Craig's "Is Your Music Any Good?" thread. Last time I looked that one was over 400 responses and counting.

I think a dedicated forum could be a great idea if it's well moderated and everyone behaves. One of the problems with the critique threads is that after a few posts any individual's submissions can get lost in the noise. With a thread-per-submission it makes it easier to a. stay caught up listening to everyone's stuff and b. to stay on topic with a particular submission.

Well, there's my rant. Should we cross post?

- Layne

- Layne

Well, if you want to discuss original music on the web here, I would ask that you confine it to one folder and make sure that it is somehow bass related - either written or performed by a bassist, or prominently featuring some cool bass work. I don't want this forum to get into critiquing the latest sample-driven, DJ-loop dance hits. Let's keep the bass in front! (Unless there is some killer bass happening)

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Archived