Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

eden navigator

Jcat

I have the GK 800RB / Hartke 410 setup to which I'd like to add some tonal variety. A friend of mine suggested adding the eden navigator preamp to my rig for some slap friendly compression and also some tube warmth. Has anyone had any experience with this pre-amp? I have also considered adding a carvin 210 cab or a 15 or 18 inch speaker for a little more oomph!

The hartke is just a bit too sterile sounding for what I want to hear.

Appreciate any of your comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

Richard

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not used the Eden yet,but i'm interested.Ý saw Hugh McDonald playing Eden stacks-he was a Harke endorser i think.Alain Caron and Gary Willis!!! uses them too.They can't be Bad!My opinion is that you better sell the gk and buy Eden.

Ýf you have a 4*10 cab,you must consider 1*15 or 1*18(depending on your gigs).A 2*10 would be useful after 1*15 and a crossover.

Ý'm looking for information about Aguilar db preamp.Anybody plays one?

Su$hi

I don't think you need to sell any of your current gear. A tube preamp (Eden, Aguillar, etc.) will change the tone significantly. (Hopefully you'll like the change.) One advantage of the clean GK/Hartke system is that you can muddy it up if you want it to sound warmer. You'd have fewer options if you were going in the opposite direction.

Su$hi and Dansouth-

I appreciate both of your input. I may try the eden to see how much of a change I get before chunking the GK. I like the fact that I can bi-amp with it, although you can do that with a lot of heads now days. It's too bad that 'tone' is so darn elusive!

Thanks again.

Richard

Jcat, the Eden Navigator is preety expensive, in fact it probably costs more tha your GK is worth.

Might as well just buy an Eden WT head which has 90% of the features of the Navigator and either sell the GK or keep it as a backup.

Brianrost-

Yeah, I have thought about the cost of the navigator. I appreciate your input as well. I don't know about you, but when your talking about adding another piece of gear, I don't really like to make to many mistakes in that department(especially when your talking about being out $400-500 or more). My tendency is to hopefully get it right from the start, so cost is definately a consideration as well.

Thanks,

Richard

Archived