Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass POD Pro for "live" use ?

Ncognito

I'm a SVT guy from way back, and I'm wondering if the Bass POD Pro can come up with the goods in a "live" setting. I've heard it through headphones, and it sounds pretty good. Is anyone using these "live". I would love to have have all of the tonal possibilities, but not if I have to trade off getting really convincing amp sounds.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did just that on St. Paddy's day;we had a 4 to 8 gig and another 9 to 1 so we used the night band's gear at the 4 to 8 so we could make it to the 9 to 1 on time,and their bassist had the Bass Pod Pro going into a Crown power amp into an SWR Goliath Senior.I just set it to the "Tube Preamp" setting and it sounded very good,no FX.Nice round full sound.

The Bass Pod has kind of low output level. If you have a powerful PA or amp that isn't a problem. My favorite models are the Ampeg SVT, Acoustic 360, and the Eden Traveller WT-300. When recording with the Bass Pod I run it through a dbx 386 preamp.

The FX Lo-cut feature is very useful when using the effects. It allows you to send the higher frequencies to the effects while leaving the lower, fundamental frequencies uneffected. Nice.

Archived