Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vancouver Bass Conference

Ed Friedland

Just wanted you all to know that I've been invited to take part in this year's Vancouver Bass Conference. It's June 15-17, and though I don't know what the exact venue is, I do know it's somewhere in Vancouver, BC (I figured that out myself!) The schedule has yet to be finalized, but the big name guest will be Alain Caron. Chris Tarry from Activebass.com and the band Metalwood is one of the driving forces behind the event. You can check out last year's conference at www.vbass.com the new page for 2001 should be up soon. Any Bass Station folks from up that way?

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hey, the Vancouver Bass Conference is just around the corner, June 15-17th! I'll be giving a time/groove workshop on the 15th, and there will be lots of great informational topics presented there. Alain Caron will be the headliner. Have you heard his new CD "Call Me Al"? It's killer. He does his own take on Giant Steps, a tune he calls "Baby Steps". He blows like a madman through these ridiculous changes at warp speed, but sounds calm and fluid. Terrific. Anyway, check out the info on the VBC at www.vbass.com It's going to be a great time. The schedule of events is posted, so check it out eh?

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm here in Vancouver at the VBC. The first day was fun, the instructors are Chris Tarry, Andre LaChance, Kerry Galloway and Laurence Mollerup. They are all very talented players with unique perspectives. I've enjoyed sitting in on the clinics and hearing what they have to say. I did my time/groove workshop today and that was fun. They rented me a nice '78 Jazz to play, so I didn't have to bring 2 basses with me. I brought my piccolo bass 'cause where there's a group of bassist's, there's some jammin'. The piccolo is great for that, I can have fun and stay out of everyone's way. Anyway, day one was great. There were workshops on reading, acoustic bass, rock bass, gear talk and my thing. Tomorrow looks like another good one! If you're within driving distance, you should come by for Saturday and Sunday!

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Archived