Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shameless Commerce Department

Ed Friedland

Bspangle suggested - "Like Car Talk, you need to start a Shameless Commerce Division here at The Bass Station"

While he was teasing me about my frequent promotion of my books here, I agree! This IS a commercial website, and I think it's totally appropriate for all members to use this as a promotional venue for RELATED events and products. It's my hope to get some manufacturers to open up folders here for market research, questions, announcements etc. I think we will all benfit from that (especially if we can wangle a Bass Station discount!) I'll start working on that soon. I'm also going to open up some regional gig folders so members can post their calendars up, maybe we can actually go out and hear each other play sometime.

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ed, are you thinking of having a place where we could do shameless self-promotion like telling everyone that I have a CD for sale called Music For Mind & Feet featuring Zigaboo Modeleste, Henry Kaiser and Ralph Carney? Or that they can contact me at dxr@iname.com if they were interested in purchasing said CD? Really good stuff, origional world music influenced funky rock.

What a good idea!

-David R.

-David R.

David,

Wow, you played with Ziggy? Awesome, that's got to be worth hearing!

Yeah, lets see how it goes. I don't think we can make this a place for serious retail action, but members CDs, or independant guys the are selling things can promote stuff here. Naturally, transact off-list, but I think we can give this a try. I think we will know if something goes over the line.

There is also a killer classified section if you're looking for used gear or selling, so look around there too! http://209.61.157.119/assifieds/classifieds.cgi

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Hey, How about free shipping to any of the 50 states. Out here in Hawaii, we get US mail, FED-Ex and UPS just like you guys in the 48's. What gives?

Originally posted by Dude:

Hehehe...you knew I'd show up huh Ed? I'd just like to post a link if I may to my J-Retro Preamp website. Thank Youuuuuuuuu berry berry much!!

http://www.vintagebass.com/jretro.html

How about free shipping inside the US for Bass Station members? http://cwmonkey.virtualave.net/s/owen/dunce.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a Peavey Pro Bass 1000 solid state rack mountable pre-amp that I would like to sell. I need to clear $60 after shipping. It's relatively small and light, so that it should not be expensive to ship. It works and has been a reliable "road-warrior" for a number of years.

I also have a Trace-Elliot Commando (I think this is the name) combo amp with a 12" speaker. It sounds very good with an upright and is a good small gig/reheasal/practice amp for electric bass. I'm selling it for $125.

It may not be realistic to ship this, though if someone is interested I'll check into the price of shipping. I'm located in the Columbia,SC area.

Archived