Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strings!

BoldRuler

Hi!

I'm looking for suggestions for new strings.

Short scale flat wounds for my '65 Gibson EBO that I affectionatly call my Mud Bass. I'd like to brighten it up a little but keep it smooth.

I've got a '76 Rickenbacker 4001 that I've run Rotosounds and those copper D'Addarios on. I remember a friend who ran some black coated or wrapped strings on his ric, but don't remember the brand, probably a few brain cells whent away (DUH!).

I like playing all styles and would appreciate any discussion this might stir up! Light Medium Heavy round half slow tapered flat nickel steel copper etc... What do You Like? And Why? for certain techniques?

Thanks!

no matter where you go, there you are...

http://johnnypistolaband.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love LaBella Flats, they have the best articulation on the E for my taste. They make a set for the Hofner Beatle bass set#760FHBB 50/65/80/100

and a set for Danelectro #760FD 42/53/60/79. If the scale of one of these basses matches your Gibson, they'll be fine. The black nylon strings are also LaBella set 760N 60/70/95/110 They are much fatter because they're a normal string with an extra wrap of nylon, they aren't as stiff as a steel string of the same gauge would be.

Personally, I like Stainless Steel roundwounds for most of my basses. I have a P bass set up with LB Flats though.

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Archived