Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody own Alembic bass/es?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an Alembic Orion Six String and really like it. Bought it last summer after having surgery to reattach my bicep last April (it went up my arm like a window shade). I wanted to get back in the practice mode and knew if I got a six string I would have to put in the time to play it well. I had been playing this six string Alembic at Guitar Showcase in San Jose before my injury and really liked the feel of it and ended up buying it. After about a month of wood shedding I started using it on my gigs with Lady Bo who does a lot of R&B and Funk. It sounded great. I also do a show in San Francisco (Tony & Tina's Wedding) in which I always played my Kubicki. In February took the Kubicki back to the factory for restoration and it forced me to use the Alembic on that gig for the last month. The rest of the band really liked my tone with the Alembic. Just got my Kubicki back today and will use both this weekend at Tony & Tina's. It should be interesting to see what the other band members think when switching back and forth.
I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived