Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DR770 Drum Machines.. Stay Out Lee

ST.Morigeaugte.net

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo,

I posted this info request on Craig Anderton's board yesterday:

>>Hey Y'all!

I'm an intermediate bassist/beginner guitarist who's about ready to take the plunge into home recording. Currently, I have some song sketches written on acoustic guitar that I have recorded with my brand new pc (1ghx PIII with 256mb Ram) using the freebie version of Pro Tools LE. I've also recorded some bass and hand percussion tracks and everything is going ok..

Problem: I don't have a clue about the drums!

Most of the stuff that I've written is in the folk/rock vein, with nary a hint of electronic or processed sounds. So, I need a solution that caters more towards 'regular' acoustic drums sounds. Also, I'd like something that has some pre-set patterns so that I could be up-and-running quickly. However, it would need to be customizable so that once I learn how to use it, I could create my own patterns.

Does such a beast exist? I almost want to lean towards a hardware solution, since I'm just a beginner.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!<<

How does the Dr-770 fit that bill? Sorry that I can't answer your question about looping your pattern, too!

Many thanks!

------------------

Rob Miller

Philadelphia, PA

www.bklounge.net

Rob Miller

Philadelphia, PA

www.JimmyRipp.com

"... I could create my own patterns.

Does such a beast exist? I almost want to lean towards a hardware solution, since I'm just a beginner.......

How does the Dr-770 fit that bill? "

Ron, I believe it would.. they take little time to become familiar with, but are fairly intuitive. (save the loop issue). they come loaded with ton of patterns. It's just cut and paste. you can also step record a pattern, laying down each part separately. It will allow you to quantize the record as well which is very help full. Go to your local music store and demo them all side by side... if possible

This message has been edited by Mo Thumper on 02-06-2001 at 09:14 AM

Archived