Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar + 2408 equals disaster!! ADVISE PLEASE

Since WDM is still somewat new I guess it's a matter of time until most card companies have solid drivers,most are still called beta.I'm sure that while people are having problems with Motu on the PC side at the moment it'll probably be worked out in due time.M-Audio had a bitch of a time for a while driverwise but they seemed to have their act together now as does Frontier.Oh,by the way my brother and I have a Matrox G-400 with the Fronteir and the dreaded Via chipset on 98se with no problems,but we downloaded and installed a patch from Matrox(for via)before we even fired the first note.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]You obviously are not doing any overdubbing with Sonar or you would know what we're talking about. We're talking about audio latency. So, to throw it back to ya'.. what is your problem? [/quote] Uh, I do a lot of vocal recording with SONAR. I still do not see the problem. I have run with 400ms latency and MME drivers. Having 400ms latency does *NOT* mean that what your record end up 400ms later in the song, or what is on one position in the song gets played 400ms later!! Both in recording and playback SONAR takes Latency into account and plays and records on exact times. Latency ONLY matters if you do live tweaks or play softsynths live. So I really do not get this. If the above compensation I mention is NOT happening your soundcards drivers aren't telling the truth to Sonar about their latency! /Z

Archived