Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Blues you can use!

Hello all, I just finished mixing a blues tune called "True Blues", -- a 12 bar blues in G with drums, bass, Hammond B3, rhythm and lead guitar. I'd like to offer the backing tracks [minus the solo] with anyone who might like to download the 8.4 MB mp3 and play along. Here is a link for the for this tune -- [url=http://www.gemair.com/~dturner/truebluenosolo.mp3]BACKING TRACKS[/url] . I would only ask that this music not be used for any commercial purpose without my ok. Each of the twelve bar cycles is a little different ranging from straight I V IV structure, to the inclusion of lots of passing chords and more jazz/blues style turnarounds. If you would like to hear the full version with solo, click [url=http://www.geocities.com/sentientspirit/guitar]HERE[/url] and find the link titled "True Blue". Please feel free to add your own solo over the backing tracks and post a message with a link so we can hear you take on the solo. If anyone is interested, I will created a chord chart to detail all the chord changes. Best Regards, Dennis

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by dturner: [b]Hello all, I just finished mixing a blues tune called "True Blues", -- a 12 bar blues in G with drums, bass, Hammond B3, rhythm and lead guitar. I'd like to offer the backing tracks [minus the solo] with anyone who might like to download the 8.4 MB mp3 and play along. Here is a link for the for this tune -- [url=http://www.gemair.com/~dturner/truebluenosolo.mp3]BACKING TRACKS[/url] . I would only ask that this music not be used for any commercial purpose without my ok. Each of the twelve bar cycles is a little different ranging from straight I V IV structure, to the inclusion of lots of passing chords and more jazz/blues style turnarounds. If you would like to hear the full version with solo, click [url=http://www.geocities.com/sentientspirit/guitar]HERE[/url] and find the link titled "True Blue". Please feel free to add your own solo over the backing tracks and post a message with a link so we can hear you take on the solo. If anyone is interested, I will created a chord chart to detail all the chord changes. Best Regards, Dennis[/b][/quote]Dennis, what a very cool Idea. I look forward to hearing what people come up with.
I really don't know what to put here.

FYI: Here is a chord chart to go along with "True Blue" Note that each round is a little different with various passing and descending chords, and either V IV I or II V I turnarounds. If anyone reading this is new to the blues, or new to this type of a more jazz/blues set of changes, I'd be pleased to help with how and where to find scales and phrases that will work over these changes. INTRO: / D9 / C9 / G7 / G7 D9 / / G9 / C9 / G9 G#9 / G9 / C9 / C9 / G9 / G9 / D9 / C9 / G9 C9 / D9 / / G9 / G9 / G9 / G9 / C9 / C9 / G9 / G9 / D9 / C9 / G9 C9 / D9 / /G---/ G---/ G-G- / G9 / C9 / C9 / G9 Gb9 / F9 E9 / Am7 / D9 / G9 E9 / Am7 D9 / / G9 / C9 / G9 G#9 / G9 / C9 / C9 Cdim / G9 Gb9 / F9 E9 / Am7 / D9 / G9 E9 / A7 D9 / / G9 / C9 / G9 G#9 / G9 / C9 / Cdim / G9 Gb9 / F9 E9 / Am7 / D9 / G9 C9 / G7 D9 / /G---/G---/ G-G- / G9 / C9 / C9 / G9 G#9 /G9 /D9 / C9 / G9 E9 /A7 D9 / OUTRO: /Am7 Bm7 C6 Eb#5/ D9 / G9 C9 / G--- G#9 G9 Dennis

• 7 months later...
Bump! I thought this was one of the most useful "learning" chains I have read and since I wanted to re-read it, I thought someone else might find it useful too.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

I swear, I was just in my car thinking about Dennis and what cool threads he had started. I got home, signed on and saw this! For a minute I thought Dennis was back. When I first started coming to this forum, he had a Johnny Smith thread and I actually learned an entire JS chord melody out of it! I also participated in the blues thread on the guitar forum. Wrave & sylver did too, if I remember correctly. You're right wewus, we should have a more interactive forum :thu: . Paul

Archived