Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - politics: an example of crass elitism

The following link is about complaints from Washington state senators concerning the *temporary* loss of their regular dining facilities - and their TWO french chefs. http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/03/23/food.fight.ap/index.html This is so digusting, but I post it here to illustrate a concept: note the Republican noted at the top of the article; they're *ALL* disgusting elitists, and when it comes to OUR money they're ALL liberals - INCLUDING the so called "conservative Republicans". I know there are equal facilities in our national legistlature; I find the notion abhorent, that the people responsible for representing *our* well being has ABSOLUTELY ZERO connection to the daily lifestyle of the average American citizen. ALL OF THESE BOZOS VOTED FOR A PAY RAISE FOR THEMSELVES. *ALL* of them, conservative Republicans included. I would never want to be associated with such duplicity and overt egalitarianism; if you call yourself a "democrat" or "republican", you are an associate of these people. Uhg. I hate to bring this up, but I just saw this and it's such a clear cut example of why I REFUSE to align myself with either party. Sorry, nothing more to see here, move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for...

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b]This is so digusting, but I post it here to illustrate a concept: note the Republican noted at the top of the article; they're *ALL* disgusting elitists, and when it comes to OUR money they're ALL liberals - INCLUDING the so called "conservative Republicans". ALL OF THESE BOZOS VOTED FOR A PAY RAISE FOR THEMSELVES. *ALL* of them, conservative Republicans included. [/b][/quote]It's funny how you single out the Republicans, yet claim to not align yourself with either party. You're a Democrat Chip. Deal with it.

Chip, putting all political views aside, I would say that this elitism is a common denominator throughout the upper crust of society. I spend a great deal of time in Beverly Hills and as much as I care for these people, they have their own set of values. Everything must be "just right" and "in it's place" or somebody's gonna pay. I maintain a Bentley, Astin Martin, Land Cruiser and Range Rover for one lady. The cars must always be meticulous etc.... Of course I can't relate. I'm just happy that my Chevy Van run good! The list goes on.... Dinner at xx o'clock, with xyz on the menu Custom thermostat settings in each room "Do something to cover that unsightly auxiliary generator in the backyard" The average Joe just trying to survive (like you and me) can't relate to all this uptightness, prissiness and rigid structure but for many it's a fabric of their life. I would easily assume that these distorted values are widespread at all levels of Federal government as well. Cereal :wave: :wave:

[quote]Originally posted by SteveRB: [b]You're a Democrat Chip. Deal with it.[/b][/quote]Funny. I single out Republicans because they seem more interested in spending time, effort and $$$$$$ trying to go after Democrats for alleged wrong doing more than what they're supposed to be doing. This gets old; when I see a democrat on tv or in the news, they're refering to issues; when I see a Republican, usually they're saying "Clinton" or something that doesn't have anything to do with what's going on in reality. So yes, I have a bias against them. Doesn't make me a Democrat (which I'll have nothing to do with either, for different reasons); that thinking is what's screwed up the U.S., that you have to be one or the other....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b] [quote]Originally posted by SteveRB: [b]You're a Democrat Chip. Deal with it.[/b][/quote]Funny. that thinking is what's screwed up the U.S., that you have to be one or the other....[/b][/quote]simple minds cant handle more than 2 choices.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

I read somewhere that the gap between the average income and the highest income used to be something like ten times. Now it is over 200 times the average income. The gap is getting larger and larger. Elitism knows no political party. Ralph Nader is an elitist. Jesse Jackson is an elitist. I would think that nearly all those that make millions per year exercise a certain elitism and I suppose we would also if we had that kind of money. Throwing stones and barbs at politicians for their behavior is futile and frustrating. They operate in a world we cannot understand and to all of them we are only sheep. Face it, money talks and bullshit walks. We will eventually have government controlling every aspect of our lives because that's where the money and the power lies. The saying "think globally, act locally" is really true. You want to see elitism and power on a local level? Check out what your city, county and state officials get away with. These are the folks that effect your daily life, not some dickhead in Washington D.C. carping about loosing his chef. Talk about tilting at windmills...

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by GZsound@hotmail.com: [b]Ralph Nader is an elitist. ..[/b][/quote]I have to admit that was the funniest thing I've read in a very long time.......the guy doesn't even own a car, much less a home. Unless hanging with the workers of the world is elitism.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

hell, i am an elitist! we all are. all it means is you hold something in high regard really. i favor steve riech over anything in the pop world. also i consider phil glass to be above anything released on mtv. does that make me the taliban?

[quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b] [quote]Originally posted by GZsound@hotmail.com: [b]Ralph Nader is an elitist. ..[/b][/quote]I have to admit that was the funniest thing I've read in a very long time.......the guy doesn't even own a car, much less a home. Unless hanging with the workers of the world is elitism.[/b][/quote]Elitism isn't just about what you own. It is a state of mind that says you are somehow above or better than the "normal" people. Nader may not own a car but neither do a lot of the congressmen you all call elitists. They ride in limo's just like Ralph. Believe me he doesn't take a cab or ride a bike to a presidential rally. Out here in Orygun we have the Naderites sticking fake endangered animal fur in the woods to stop logging. And I actually owned a Corvair and liked the car. Ralph is only slightly out of touch with reality. As are most politicians.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b]The following link is about complaints from Washington state senators concerning the *temporary* loss of their regular dining facilities - and their TWO french chefs. http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/03/23/food.fight.ap/index.html This is so digusting, but I post it here to illustrate a concept: note the Republican noted at the top of the article; they're *ALL* disgusting elitists, and when it comes to OUR money they're ALL liberals - INCLUDING the so called "conservative Republicans". I know there are equal facilities in our national legistlature; I find the notion abhorent, that the people responsible for representing *our* well being has ABSOLUTELY ZERO connection to the daily lifestyle of the average American citizen. ALL OF THESE BOZOS VOTED FOR A PAY RAISE FOR THEMSELVES. *ALL* of them, conservative Republicans included. I would never want to be associated with such duplicity and overt egalitarianism; if you call yourself a "democrat" or "republican", you are an associate of these people. ...[/b][/quote]Amen to that! There is only ONE political party, regardless of what they tell you - it's the Slime-bags - Philbo

Archived