Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I saw Les Claypool ........

WOW. I saw Les Claypool in ATL last night. I don't know the names of the band members but there was a drummer, a sax player, a xylophone/percussionist, and an Asian women who played sitar, ukulele, and theremin. They put on a great show and Trey Anastasio from Phish also came out and jammed with them. I am not a huge fan of the hour long jamming but they could have played till the next morning and I wouldn't be tired of it. Show was great. Les was funny and unique as usual. I highly recomend seeing him/them if you get a chance. :D:D:D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Super 8:

Les is more

What kind of stuff did they do?

Shit, I can't explain it. I mean, all his stuff from Primus to Frog Brigade are a bit different. All I can say is that is was Les and he is still on top of his game. I guess if you took Martin Medeski and Wood, Tom Waits, and Les and put them together :confused::D

Originally posted by ryst:

Originally posted by Spencer Crewe:

I am the picture of envy, ryst. You are a lucky bastard! :thu:

Cheers!

Spencer

Spencer,

Then you probably don't want to hear that I also got in for free. :D:D:D

BASTARD!!!!

;):D

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

I saw Les when I was at the Game Developers Conference in San Fran in March. He played at Bimbo's 365, which is a great historical place in San Fran. He was the "musical guest" at the Intel party and he was freakin' awesome. Since there weren't that many people we were able to walk up to the front of the stage and were fingertips away from him. His guitarist was having some amp problems on the first few tunes so I yelled out for him to improv.....he said "Improv?"....and went into this killer funk rhythm that just blew me away. What a great player and entertainer.

His drummer was wearing a nuns outfit (another killer player) and the lead guitarist was in this monk outfit. They totally rocked the place.

Oh, and I got into the party for free!!

Chris Groegler

Sound Designer,

Red Storm Entertainment

Archived