Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any HVAC experts?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I saw Saturday Night Live was its' inaugural season, at a small hotel in Lake Geneva.

You mean Hugh Heffner's Playboy Hotel that is now Grand Geneva Resort? :eek:

dman,

the guitar tech at Music Center made my Ibanez playable after a few others had failed.

Maybe they can do a setup on PBBPaul's A/C?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

dman,

the guitar tech at Music Center made my Ibanez playable after a few others had failed.

Their prices and service are great.It's nice to see a mid size music store survive and thrive ( I hope)instead of being gobbled up by big brother. I hardly ever go to the "big brother" stores, I hate em. :(

And now back to our scheduled topic.

Air conditioning in Kenosha

The Renaissance fair is a blast! I almost bought a hammer dulcimer last time I was there. I think I bought another beer to hang around my neck instead.

I haven't been to The Music Center in a long time. I suppose I should stop next time I'm forced to be in Kenosha. :) Usually I try to get out of there as quickly as possible.

The Playboy Club in Lake Geneva... Man, I have a memory of that place from college... Phew! Actually, I've been to Lake Geneva many times for both business and pleasure and I have to say that all experiences have been good. The crowds are stupid in the summer but otherwise, it's nice. Twin Lakes seems pretty nice too.

Robert, I'm sorry about your AC. Mine's been working fine all day. :D:P

I did take a look inside the furnace tonight. The filter is a bit dirty but not too bad. The coils and radiator are very clean. I couldn't see into the condensation pan but I blew out the drain and it is clear. It is apparent that it was freezing up inside and I'm not sure why. Since it worked fine all day today, I'm going to take a wait-and-see stance. If it happens again, I'll call somebody in.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic: Kenosha bashing.

Originally posted by phaeton:

The first time I saw Saturday Night Live was its' inaugural season, at a small hotel in Lake Geneva.

You mean Hugh Heffner's Playboy Hotel that is now Grand Geneva Resort? :eek: ...

No, the place was tiny. Each room had a 12" or 15" tv mounted on a shelf above the door, and the rooms had a bed. a chair and a small closet. :D

Funny you should mention the Playboy Club. My parents received a time-share invite when I was 10 or 11, I think. We went up for either the day or day and one night. I don't remember. I loved the indoor/outdoor pool. We were at the other, outdoor pool when I spied Hal Linden on a chaisse lounge on the other side. I was a huge Barney Miller fan. Anyway, he was doing a nightclub act and was booked in their onsite nightclub. I got an autograph but it's lost to eternity. :(

I saw a few playboy bunnies in the restaurant/bar, but they weren't exactly selling what I would've expected from Playboy. ;) It was a nice resort, but my parents weren't interested in the time share concept.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Paul, low refrigerant can also cause the coils to freeze up, though I don't remember exactly why. If the problem is marginal, and you're in a relatively temperate area (which, of course, you are), you may only experience this problem.. you guessed it, at the worst possible moment. When the temperature rises significantly, requiring the system to work that much harder.

Hope Mrs. Paul (your wife, not the frozen fish people) forgives you for not calling someone already. My wife managed to control her urge to bop me for not calling the AC guy right away. But she wasn't pregnant. ;):freak:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Their prices and service are great.It's nice to see a mid size music store survive and thrive ( I hope)instead of being gobbled up by big brother. I hardly ever go to the "big brother" stores, I hate em.

Yeah... which reminds me- i keep forgetting to take my 335 knock-off over there and have it set up. $20+cost of strings is a bargain and a half! :eek:

I used to live near the Musician's Friend warehouse store in Medford, OR. I've watched it go from a 'lil guys' type place to a 'big brother' place over the years, and then witnessed the Guitar Center Mutiny.

AFAICT Music Center is doing ok- it's always busy when i'm in there and everyone seems content. Too bad they close at 2pm on Saturdays, otherwise i'd go out there more often.

FWIW i've never been to the Playboy Club, but my roommate works construction and he's on a job out there right now building something. I ferget what though. Multi-million dollar homes, probably.

Also, one of the guys i work for used to work there as a teenager :eek: and being an 'artist' and whatnot (even though he's colourblind) has somehow acquired a lot of the paintings and various articles of artwork from the Playboy Club. So who knows what sorts of splashback and overspray are all over the paintings in my office right now

WWND?

Originally posted by 4-DakRecorder:

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Paul, low refrigerant can also cause the coils to freeze up

What I've been saying. :rolleyes:
Sure... just like you, Dak, always bein' right. :D

Hey Phaeton, do you ever go to My Honey Company or the leather place nearby in Richmond, Il, just over the border on Rte 12? MMmmmmm (You can take that as either regarding the honey or the leather-clad honeys! :D )

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hey Phaeton, do you ever go to My Honey Company or the leather place nearby in Richmond, Il, just over the border on Rte 12?

I've been through Richmond a bazillion times but I never really pay attention to it. I'll have to check it out :D

when Sarah's not w/ me :D

(j/k)

P.S., Kenosha and Racine are still ugly.

P.P.S., PBBPaul- Any updates?

WWND?

phaeton, you can stop in with your wife... I always do. (Slap! Sorry dear.. :D )

Actually, there really isn't much to see, in the way of people, at the leather store. It's a tiny, stuffed to the gills with product little place. Fun to peruse, even if you're not looking to buy anything leather. They have everything from jackets to keychains, wallets to shoes and boots. But the real draw for us is My Honey Company. They stock a bunch of different honeys from small beekeepers' stock. When you change flowers , you change the flavor and color of the honey a lot. :thu:

And yes, Paul, are you cool? (Yeah, I know.. you're always cool. ;) )

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Well... actually... regarding the sweetheart...

I'll have a hard time getting her into a leather shop. It's the whole 'dead animals' thing. She's a vegetarian and loves animals, but she's not ridiculous like the PETA folks. Summing up, she would never buy anything there, and I'm just not a huge leather person either.

She's also got a thing about honey, too... it's a "The bees don't make it for us!" sort of thing. I see her points, but i really really like honey, especially in my HoneyWeiss :D . I can argue that cows don't make milk for us either, but this girl lives almost solely on cheese and other dairy products ;) . So there's a touchee there.

Summing up, she probably wouldn't be interested in visiting the honey place either, but i might. Kinda curious about how they control the availability of flowers and species and things- must have them all in an enclosed room with the particular flowers. Interesting.

Oh, and as far as our PRS-slinging PBBPaul goes, *today* is the type of day that will make the A/C act up. weather.com reports that it's 88F with 51% humidity where he's at, and that doesn't count heat island effect or having the sun bearing down on you, or the fact that Kenosha is hideous.

This could be why we've not heard from him. :(

WWND?

The good old town of Richmond Il. It's about 4 miles from me. I pass through it but there's not much to stop for if your not into antiques.

They do have one of the last Dog n Suds

Hmmm Maybe me and the wifey could take a peek at that leather shop :D

A Dog n Suds! I remember when they were everywhere.

Hey guys, I'm cool. Of course I'm at the office right now. But my wife is cool too. We had a guy come out this morning and take a look at the AC. Yes Dak, the coolant was slightly low and there was a very small leak. They fixed it all up and performed the PM stuff so my wife is much more cheerful now. It is miserably muggy out today.

And just to prevent any misconceptions, I may be ugly but I live nowhere near the ugly city of Kenosha. :) We used to have a standing gig at a nasty biker bar in Winthrop Harbor though that was a lot of fun.

LOL, guys!

phaeton - The girlfriend/no-honey is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. And remember, I read posts at the SSS, so that's saying something! In addition to the milk arguement, you might point out that the plants don't grow just so we can eat 'em! ;):P

dman, Where the heck do you live? And yes, I remember when there was still a Dog 'n Suds on Rte. 60 in Mundelein. I think they still have one in Fox Lake, about 15 minutes south of you. It's a haven for custom car/motorcycle activity on Friday or Saturday nights. On the connector road between Rte 59 and Rollins Rd, near the Fox Lake Fire Dept. That's just south of my inlaw's house.

Paul - Told ya so! (That oughta raise Dak's hackles when he sees it! :P )

BTW - It's been a couple years since we talked about that dive in Winthrop Harbor. I still don't remember the name. :freak::confused:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Paul - Told ya so! (That oughta raise Dak's hackles when he sees it! :P )

BTW - It's been a couple years since we talked about that dive in Winthrop Harbor. I still don't remember the name. :freak::confused:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... -bows to Neil and Dak-

Bad Boy Jims!

Home of the Bad Boy Burger and the Bad Girl Breast Sandwich! I still have the tshirt somewhere. And among other things, I saw a lot of bad girl breasts in that place. :eek:

Neil

I'm from the McHenry area. Born, bread and probably die here. Like a lot of people my age from my area, my parents moved out here in the 60's from Chicago to purse the good old American Rural Dream.

Well then, I'll see you the last weekend of this month, if you'll be around.

I'll be in Buffalo Grove much of the weekend, but I'm sure we'll visit my inlaws in Lake Villa. My brother-in-law lives in McHenry County, but probably south of you. Not far north of Volo. He works at the Home Depot off Rte 12, near 134.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived