Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

On June 10, 1977......

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

How about the late 70s/early 80s designer jean phase that came in right after that?

Sassoon, Gloria Vanderbilt, Jordache, Sergio Valente. The resulting camel toes were pretty distracting for my junior high male mind...

- Jeff

No doubt, Jeff! Mine, too.

How about Gilda Radner on the 1980, SNL commercial for Jewess Jeans?!? ;) Embroidered, Stars of David on each rear pocket. :D

That more your style, Lee? :confused:

:D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ryst:

Lee,

Are these the jeans you are referring to? :D:D

LOL yeah but those are some of the LESS obnoxious ones. Most of the ones the kids wore in my Jr. High weren't denim, they were more like khakis except I think they were part polyester, and in these horrible pastel colors.

Hah, Jeff you and I were doing the EXACT same thing!

I remember that "designer" phase, and I wore some of those pants. :)

Lee, I also had "dittos" too! (Cotton tho, and a few years after 3rd grade ... more like 6th) :) WTF were they/we thinking???

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Funny story Lee. But I have to say I prefer the look of a nice booty in early 80's designer jeans than I do these Paris Hilton lo cuts.

Maybe it's regional, but i honestly believe that teenagers, as a whole are much fatter these days than when I was a teen, 15 years ago.

While it's true that i think those ridiculous 'twiggy' standards the Teen mags and pop culture would try to put out were VERY damaging, it is bittersweetly good to see that there are so many teenage girls that ummm... aren't as affected by that.

Although... it's one thing to be on the 'sturdy' side and dress appropriately. It's something else to be 'sturdy' and wear bellyshirts, hip huggers or skirts and stuff. :eek:

For the record I think Paris Hilton is repulsive.

Happy Birthday Ryst!

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

June 10, 1977.

Sitting in Lee Park with 3 quarts of Meister Brau celebrating the fact that in just 10 more days, what I'm doing will no longer be illegal.

Good times.....

(sniff)

I think 77 is the year when I saw my first live rock concert -- Pat Travers. A small venue, with lots of hard-driving, blues-based rock-n-roll. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Happy B-Day, Nathan!

--Mark

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

I was already an old man.

But feeling young again, 'cause it was that amazing time when it was finally clear to everyone who wasn't in complete denial that music was changing... for a few fleeting moments, anyhow.

A few great moments.

Originally posted by Red Winger:

I think 77 is the year when I saw my first live rock concert -- Pat Travers. A small venue, with lots of hard-driving, blues-based rock-n-roll. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Happy B-Day, Nathan!

--Mark

I have been listening to "Putting it strait" lots lately, love Pat Travers!

Happy b day Ryst! Young punk! ;)

Originally posted by Franky:

Wow Ani, I didn't know that you used to live in Iowa.

Yes, my first husband was from Iowa and he lived there when we first married. After about a year up there, he decided that he wanted to look for employment in Kansas City since my family was here and my brother-in-law, who was his best friend from being stationed together in the military, prompted him to move this direction for better career opportunity. The ex stayed in Olathe, KS when we divorced. We lived near South Dakota, if my memory serves me correctly.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Dittos!

*sigh*

June 1977...15 years old and looking forward to a long summer of playing parties with my brand new Rhodes seventy-three. Look out girls!

By the end of July I had met my first "love" (she was 16 and had a car!). Yes, she was wearing Dittos when we met.

;)

Happy Birthday, Ryst! Enjoy - they keep coming faster and faster from here on out!

this house is empty now...

June of '77, I was just recovering from my first electric band's breakup, coinciding with my divorce, coinciding with my ten year high school reunion. Beyond that, it's a real fuzzy period for memory.

Happy birthday, dude, you're five years older than my son.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Yesterday was such a strange day. My parents completely forgot it was my birthday (long story), an old friend of 23 years (we have known each other since we were 5) who NEVER has remembered actually called me to tell me happy birthday, and my wife set up a suprise party for me. Completely unexpected and shocked. What a roller coaster of emotions. I am the luckiest man on earth and I would never want to be in anyone else's shoes. Not for a millisecond. Thanks for all your birthday sentiments! :wave:

Archived