Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hanging out with George Clinton tonight

New Year's Eve 2004 a band I was playing for opened for P-Funk in Ft. Lauderdale. Bernie Worrell, Blackbird McKnight and a few of the other old school Funk Mob were on the gig. Everybody was cool. Unfortunately, sound was horrible. For everybody.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw P-Funk in Miami a few years ago, and I was surprised that the audience was almost exclusively twentysomething whites. The show was hosted by an R&B station, and when one of their on-air personalities came on to introduce the band these white a**holes (I'm white but not an a**hole, YMMV) booed him.

Originally posted by dementia13:

I saw P-Funk in Miami a few years ago, and I was surprised that the audience was almost exclusively twentysomething whites. The show was hosted by an R&B station, and when one of their on-air personalities came on to introduce the band these white a**holes (I'm white but not an a**hole, YMMV) booed him.

Power 96? Heh, I can't stand the local R&B stations, but I'd still go to see the band :)

I played a gig opening for George Clinton in L.A. a couple of years ago. It was a good time and he sounded great. The thing I remember most was that his guitar player was amazing! Well, that and how poorly the show was run (the venue's fault, not Clinton's).

Year End Sale:

Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends December 31.

www.UnderTheGroove.com

Originally posted by UnderTheGroove:

I played a gig opening for George Clinton in L.A. a couple of years ago. It was a good time and he sounded great. The thing I remember most was that his guitar player was amazing! Well, that and how poorly the show was run (the venue's fault, not Clinton's).

Are you talking about Garry "Diaperman" Shider, or someone else? Garry was the one besides the crew that I mainly hung out with. He is a very nice guy. I didn't realize that he is in the R&R Hall of Fame until I looked online for more info about the band.

I don't think it was Garry Shider. It was a younger guy. I didn't actually hang with George or any of the band, but the singer I was playing with got invited to join them onstage. I'm not sure why, but she passed on the offer.

Year End Sale:

Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends December 31.

www.UnderTheGroove.com

Archived