Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

is it possible?

I run 4-6 miles a day 3-4 days a week. But I would like to cut the time down but still burn as many calories. Is it possible to run half the distance and burn the same amount? I don't want to add weight to my body (like a back pack or leg weights). I am under the impression that if you walk or run the same distance, you still burn the same amount of calories.....true?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive seen some people wearing thick clothes during workout, but i dont think it is a good idea, any fat burner at gnc? you know what have worked well for me? aminoacids, amino fuel 2000 at gnc also.

Thats the one..

Cut your calories by 1/4th of your daily diet (don't go below 1400) and cut the running distance in half. Pushing really hard at the end (last 1/8th mile) at "sprint" speed will also burn them quick.

The double edged sword is this: You burn calories, you will need to replace them.

Seriously obese people must pack on thousands of calories just to be able to move. Since they are so heavy that they cannot move fast, they cannot burn them fast enough and pack on more weight.

The key is comfort. Anytime you are really "killing yourself" out there over the duration, your body does take its toll. Do it in moderation and plenty of the good old H20, light salt (including meals) and glucose.

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

Try some intervals - vary your pace. I happen to do most of my running on a treadmill, so I know my precise routine:

2 minutes at 4 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 9 mph

1 minute at 5 mph (cool down)

I get about 2.25 miles in 20 minutes. I also increase the incline for each segment of pacing.

What I have to do is set up a piece of music with the correct tempo map for my intervals and then pace myself to the beat! :D

Originally posted by Billster:

Try some intervals - vary your pace. I happen to do most of my running on a treadmill, so I know my precise routine:

2 minutes at 4 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 5 mph

1 minute at 6 mph

1 minute at 7 mph

1 minute at 8 mph

1 minute at 9 mph

1 minute at 5 mph (cool down)

I get about 2.25 miles in 20 minutes. I also increase the incline for each segment of pacing.

What I have to do is set up a piece of music with the correct tempo map for my intervals and then pace myself to the beat! :D

Hey, Bill! I used to do that when I was running on a treadmill but I i run striclty outside in the summer....Maybe I can figure out a way to load some songs in my ipod of different tempos so I can still run fast and slow like that outside....damn, that will take some work. A treadmill is so much easier to change your mph consistantly.

I am under the impression that if you walk or run the same distance, you still burn the same amount of calories.....true?

False, you will only be doing the same amount of work. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived