Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So now rappers are talking 'bout they bitches on commercials!?!?!?!

Bitch is a 'word' not a rap.

this is a 'rap'

from the in there to the out there to the aftermode not only flesh and bone corrode but the substances surrounding the abode/

we could make the whole industry explode with 444

levels of mic depth that lead away from death

the last breath that tested found his juggular infested with worms for using coined phrases and obsolete terms now his osaphacus is drowning in germs

he was blinded by the 'come-up' and lying naked against the scenerey is this artform and underneath it all this greenery we used to call this the place to be a place where cats who rock mics could roam free/

but now we suffer from immune difficiencies

sucka mcs with no musicalities all day long nothing but fallacies on the microphone with no moralities.

i have a hard time believing that the first time any of us said the word 'bitch' was while reciting a rap song. come down from there and talk to me.

if it's not unity, then it's division.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shniggens

One guy calls the other guy . . . the other guy will be around shortly after he "picks up some bitches" or some such bullshit.

Did I hear it wrong? Please tell me I did.

If you're talking about the Boost Mobile commercial with Kanye West(1st rapper), Ludacris(2nd rapper), and The Game(3rd rapper), I don't hear the B word anywhere in that commercial. They play that commercial all the time and I don't hear anyone of those artists say it. Could you tell which one states it?

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

he's talking about when the second rapper driving in the car says, "the way i paint pictures, with these hiphop scriptures"

I guess some people just hear like that...

if it's not unity, then it's division.

Originally posted by Rapper:

he's talking about when the second rapper driving in the car says, "the way i paint pictures, with these hiphop scriptures"

I guess some people just hear like that...

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm relieved.
Amateur Hack

This is funny,

Cause I've seen the commercial a hundred times and that statement never really jumped out at me. Maybe because I hear it so often during the course of a day. So if I didn't catch it I'm proned to think that a lot of other members of the Black Culture might not.

Is that good or bad, I don't know. But if this type of statement isn't registering with Blacks, then who is this really being marketed to!!! Probably the crossover market that purchases that 60%-80% of rap music.

Another misconception is, if someone calls a woman a Bitch or a Ho your defaming all women. Personally, I dont always see it that way. Its not good manners to call anyone a name. But I've called woman a bitch, and I've called a woman a Ho in my past, and thats because those particular women were just that. These are sterotypes of a type of woman, and even in rap music it is sometimes used to highlight a particular type of woman. The Boost Mobile commercial does go across the line, because of its general reference to women as Bitches IMHO!!!

Dallas

http://TrilogySound.com

Reading, PA

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

You know, is this any better?

The bitch is hungry

She needs to tell

So give her inches

And feed her well

That's from a big hard rock hit from the Scorpions in the '80s. This isn't a black issue, or a hip-hop issue. It is, to look at the forest instead of the trees, an issue of the responsibility of musicians -- ALL musicians -- to be aware of their cultural influence and the results of their actions.

And no one ever wants to talk about that. This isn't a new problem.

- Jeff

The problem is, Jeff, that when the Scorpions used that phrase in No One Like You, it was never even close to being adopted by an advertising company for a commercial. It's become ok to sell products with absolutely no moral or ethical guidelines. Ethics only comes into play when the majority demands it. And as you aptly mentioned, attempts to demand civility on the airwaves are met, for good or bad, with cries of censorship.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived