Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

how do you advertise your studio?

I have a small studio based arpund sound design/fx, for music/film in ATL. Besides getting a website and making business cards and a demo reel, what other ways do I advertise my business??? Local paper? Is there any websites to advertise my business? What's the best way to get people's attention? Any tried and true suggestions or comments? Books?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word of mouth.

I started (30 years ago) by offering live recordings on site. Word got out, I earned enough to have a decent room and equipment and then it snowballed as I wanted it.

I worked in major facilities where rap albums were coming off each week.

Be careful of advertising openly. It can be an invatation to a robbery. Go out and get it. Go out clubbing.

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

In the first year of business, i spent approximately $20,000 on advertizing locally; music specific media such as the Boston Phoenix, Northcast Performer, etc. Knwo what it got me in paying clientele? NOTHING!!

Word of mouth and good networking is the best advertizing, along with my "contributions" on forums like this.

Lately the most productive advertizing for me also has been free ads on a great website called Craigslist . It covers every major US city, and several overseas, is totally free, and has tons of categories, including one for musical instrument/gear sales and musicians. I post this ad daily, and have gotten several clients as a result, including one yesterday.

However the best advertizement is a satisfied client who can't shutup about how great you and your facility is. second is consistantly great sounding mixes.

A reputation for killer coffee doesn't hurt either!!!!

;)

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

where02190,

Your link was deleted......I smell something fishy. I'm kidding. Thanks for the craiglist link!

I guess I need to learn how to make coffee too. Come to think of it, I have never had a cup of coffee in my life.

Bill and John,

Thanks for your advise too. I guess nothing ever beats word of mouf. :thu:

Advertising is something we've never had to worry about. The guys that own it are the biggest band in the Atlantic region. At first, a couple people got wind of it, then it snowballed like a mofo. It's been rawkin' ever since.

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by ryst:

where02190,

Your link was deleted......I smell something fishy. I'm kidding. Thanks for the craiglist link!

I guess I need to learn how to make coffee too. Come to think of it, I have never had a cup of coffee in my life.

Bill and John,

Thanks for your advise too. I guess nothing ever beats word of mouf. :thu:

the CL link will work now, damn typos!!!!!

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived