Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can't log in with Firefox Browser?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't change your e-mail address in your MusicPlayer profile did you. That will generate a new password.

Try this, In FireFox, go to Tools-Options-and click-

Clear All, and then try to log in. Also on that same page, check the settings under Saved Passwords.

I've used Firefox at home and work for over a year with no login trouble.

In fact, I set it to erase information at work each time I end a session, but it remembers my saved password from before. So I don't automatically logon (because the cookie is erased), but when I'm informed I need to logon or register, simply clicking logon brings me to the log in screen and my screenname and password are automatically filled in. I love Firefox.

My only complaint with Firefox is that it freaks out an inch or two of my 17" monitor a lot when loading pages. Simply scrolling the affected area off the screen, then returning to it always refreshes the image correctly, though. Anyone else have this problem? (It only occurs on my Win98, dial-up, home computer. The work computer is Win2000 Pro, broadband via lan. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, though.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I've cleared everything out and it still doesn't work. I log in and the "Thanks for logging in" page comes up but I'm still not logged in.

I really don't wantr to go back to IE and Netscape has been a major pain. Anybody know of a good browser that works? I had high hopes for Firefox.

When you installed FF, did you tell it to import your IE cookies, favorites and passwords? If so, FF should have your id and password memorized. But I have noticed FF won't autolog in. If I click the "log in" button on the forum, the login screen comes up and FF fills in the info.

I had made the mistake of telling FF not to remember passwords, and the hosed up everything on the net (for which I'd forgotten many of the passwords).

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

I've been using Firefox as long as, or nearly as long as, Lee has. It's been really rock solid unless I did something to muck it up. Then a simple un and re intall took care of it so try The Wewus' advice and run that cycle.

If you can't get it to work, there is Opera and an IE derivitive that's leaner and meaner, Avant Browser.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

This is getting to be a pain. I tried Firefox and Opera and got the same results. I can't seem to log in. I've been using Netscape for years but it locked up and is making me reinstall it. I may do that but I'd like to try to retrieve all of my old emails. Does anybody know how Netscape saves emails and if they can be retrieved?

You could try this (I assume you're using Windows?):

navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and delete the folder under \Profiles. Then Firefox should assume that you are a new user when you run it again.

If you told it to import settings from Explorer last time then skip that, or if you didn't maybe you could try that instead - I've had it work both ways, and I've set up FF on several machines. Then see what happens.

I haven't used Netscape in quite awhile, but I think it stored email in a similar place, i.e. user\Application Data\Mozilla (or maybe Netscape?). Here is a short discussion that may help you, though.

Archived