Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digitech Vocal effects . . .

Anyone use one of these?

http://digitech.com/products/images/vocal300.jpg

http://digitech.com/products/images/vocal300rear.jpg

It's cheap - ~$200.

Seems like it would be worth it for the compression and mic pre alone.

Anyone use one, or is it just a toy for the kids?

Amateur Hack

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a unit I'm looking at for my solo work. That & an acoustic guitar processor.

The Digitech stuff I've had in the past seemed to be pretty decent, especially for the bucks.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Yeah, I've had good luck with Digitech bass and guitar prempas/multieffects in general, and they did get the Vocalist vocal harmonizer things happening pretty intelligently. This is a present-day extension of those two paths, so I'd not hesitate to buy in.

EDIT: the only thing that would trouble me about one of these in a run-from-stage band situation is the potential for feedback from EQ changes and effects density when presets are changed. On one hand, one wants some of the schtuph in their monitor if they are using it in the first place, but also a recipe for problems.

So buy a Peavey Feedback Ferret while you are at it, Bueller ; }

I've used one and they surely worth the $200. It's no VoicePrism, but it's good for a live gig as long as you know what you're doing. It's also fine for recording demos ans such.

AgentCooper, the Feedback Ferret is a must have for any live rig - there's nothing better.

No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Archived