Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Loops in SONAR? How do you do it??

I need to find out how to take loops from "loop cd's" and put them in sonar so that when i use them in a different "Tempoed" song....they match the new tempo. The manual does a poor job of explaining this. What are the steps? I have a project needing loops, and i have many many cool Loop Libraries from East/West that are in Audio Only format, and i need to use them. Please help!! Dennis

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Dennis: [b]I need to find out how to take loops from "loop cd's" and put them in sonar so that when i use them in a different "Tempoed" song....they match the new tempo. The manual does a poor job of explaining this. What are the steps? I have a project needing loops, and i have many many cool Loop Libraries from East/West that are in Audio Only format, and i need to use them. Please help!! Dennis[/b][/quote] SONAR is optimized to work with ACIDized loops. These are wave files that contain specific information to aid in the looping/stretching process. Loops in an audio CD in "Redbook" format cannot be directly imported into SONAR. To use your EastWeest loops you'll have to 1) Rip them to wave files 2) Point SONAR's loop explorer to the wave file to preview 3) Once you find a loop you like, drag it to the timeline 4) Select it and press "Control-L" Control L will cause SONAR to take it's best guess on how to setup markers on that audio clip for looping purposes. The clip will take on a "beveled" look then you can loop it. (by unrolling it down the timeline. It's probably best to test with some pre-ACIDized loops to get a feel for the technology. there are a couple of freebies at http://www.pocketfuel.com -david abraham

David, Thanks for the info. I have a couple of data becker's cd's that are all ready to go, so all i do is import the audio and drag till my hearts content. I was just unsure of how to do it with just some of my old E/W libraries. I have "New World Order" and it is too cool to just ignore, not to mention it cost me 150 bux or so. Any other tips, feel free to enlighten me. My days of trouble shooting my CPU are hopefully over so i can get back to creating music! Dennis

what that guy said same as creating an audio track, clicking the loop explorer, choosing a sample by double clicking it, closing that window, double clicking the sample in the track view, clicking the icon on the top left of the new window (something about beats) and then voila, looped i have a nice learning curve with sonar, my samplers function i havent used but now need, and my new softsynthy FM7. all going well so far (thanks to midi yoke) how can technology be this easy?

Archived