Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Elton John - Grumpy Old Man?

Originally posted by DanS:

I have an old VHS tape of her Blond Ambition tour, and it is very obvious which tunes she is singing, and which ones she is mouthing along to.

Maybe the award should be changed to "Best Live Spectacle"

Thats all I'm saying. :D

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw Elton on the news, and he is not backing down from his statement regarding Madonna and lip-syncing. He did say that there are others much more guilty than her, and that he is sick of it.

I again say: Bravo! :thu:

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

All anyone has to do is try and sing while they dance around the living room, and see how they sound. Ever try having a conversation while jogging? That'll tell ya!

Back in the '70's, ELO got into big trouble when it was discovered that much of their "live" music was pre-recorded. When you consider the size of the band in ratio to the ammount of music you heard on record, it was clear the LP's had many multi-tracks and overdubs. I think what pissed most people off, though, was that ELO didn't explain the need for some recorded music for the live players to "play off" of, but let them think they somehow managed to pull it off onstage. Most of us in my then circle of friends felt we would have accepted it if the group was upfront about it from the start.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

All anyone has to do is try and sing while they dance around the living room, and see how they sound. Ever try having a conversation while jogging? That'll tell ya!

Back in the '70's, ELO got into big trouble when it was discovered that much of their "live" music was pre-recorded. When you consider the size of the band in ratio to the ammount of music you heard on record, it was clear the LP's had many multi-tracks and overdubs. I think what pissed most people off, though, was that ELO didn't explain the need for some recorded music for the live players to "play off" of, but let them think they somehow managed to pull it off onstage. Most of us in my then circle of friends felt we would have accepted it if the group was upfront about it from the start.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived