Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shigeru Kawai EX (SK-EX) "Legend" library in Kontakt format (works with player) from Premiere Sound Factory

Very interesting! Looking at their website, they seem to have employed some tech gimmick of "Velocity+", where it can detect velocities greater than 127 and produce some extra layers. What's most surprising is that the tech specs list its RAM requirement as a mere 4 GB. The interface seems about as friendly as you can mangle out of Kontakt.

41 minutes ago, CHarrell said:

Very interesting! Looking at their website, they seem to have employed some tech gimmick of "Velocity+", where it can detect velocities greater than 127 and produce some extra layers. What's most surprising is that the tech specs list its RAM requirement as a mere 4 GB. The interface seems about as friendly as you can mangle out of Kontakt.

I read that and it seems like it is possible to measure impact on the touch strip if your 88 key controller has aftertouch?   I don’t own a native instruments controller with aftertouch, but I do have aftertouch on my S90ES to see if it is worth fussing with.   

I would imagine with Midi 2.0 there has probably been a resolution increase in velocity and other CCs.  

Regardless, this library looks promising if you haven’t a kawai already to see how it compares with C7 or CFX that many already have from key scape and Garritan CFX. 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

41 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

I read that and it seems like it is possible to measure impact on the touch strip if your 88 key controller has aftertouch?   I don’t own a native instruments controller with aftertouch, but I do have aftertouch on my S90ES to see if it is worth fussing with.   

I would imagine with Midi 2.0 there has probably been a resolution increase in velocity and other CCs.  

Regardless, this library looks promising if you haven’t a kawai already to see how it compares with C7 or CFX that many already have from key scape and Garritan CFX. 

Kawai's been pretty cagey about letting their stuff be sampled outside of their own digital lines, so it's really cool to see something beyond the Yamahas and Steinways. I've also discovered the hard way last year what I've seen many of you say for years, aftertouch and pianistic action are NOT usually good friends, so I've been staying away from aftertouch. So ironically, if I wanted to take advantage of this Velocity+, I'd have to use my Keylab 49.

• Like 1