Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Using Zoom H6 recorder live

I'm plugging my stereo Yamaha keyboard into Input 1 and 2 of the H6 recorder using regular keboard cables to record what I am playing tonight in a live living room session with friends.  How do I get the sound from the H6 into my Bose S-1 speakers???

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

15 hours ago, MrVegas said:

I'm plugging my stereo Yamaha keyboard into Input 1 and 2 of the H6 recorder using regular keboard cables to record what I am playing tonight in a live living room session with friends.  How do I get the sound from the H6 into my Bose S-1 speakers???

Hmmm, what's the objective for the audio?  

If it's just to hear yourself and critique I'd place the H6 close to your Bose and adjust the mic input sensitivity to avoid clipping and record the audio live from the air.  

If you need a clean recording I'd go to a small mixer first - take the RCA stereo out of the mixer to the H6 (RCA to 1/4" cables) and then run the main out of the mixer to the Bose S1. 

What are you using for a keyboard?  Does it have an AUX out?  A headphone out?  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There's a 3.5mm line out jack for monitoring on the bottom of the H6. The monitor mix can be configured via the Monitor Mix UI off the Input&Output menu in the menu UI on the device. You'll need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to go into the aux in on the S1. 3.5mm to 6.5mm TRS or even XLR might be ok as well but my guess is the aux in handle the stereo signal with no issues where the others might or might not.

Other option is to drop a DI between the keyboard and the H6, running the through to the speakers. If you need a mixer, I'd use the one in the H6.

-Z-

• Like 1