Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Battery power supply.

We have accumulated some money and are considering a battery operated power supply. I have a really good heavy duty power strip, with 10 inputs. I'm thinking a 3 input power supply, 2 for amps and 1 for pedals using my power strip.

20230703_145516.thumb.jpg.eb2657064a4e2ae24f508252e408f735.jpga70b05ad-4509-4350-9d70-c6fbcbcb9f08.__CR00600450_PT0_SX600_V1___.jpg.5c9673bc0de2ffccc0f2529187d35a4a.jpg

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

@surfergirl- My bandmate recently picked up a Jackery brand battery box for outdoor sets, and it worked very well for a show early in June. I'll check with her later today, see what model it was.

• Like 4

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

4 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

@surfergirl- My bandmate recently picked up a Jackery brand battery box for outdoor sets, and it worked very well for a show early in June. I'll check with her later today, see what model it was.

The Jackery is my first choice, but the cost is a little much for us. We can go with a smaller unit and run everything through my power strip. I already have 2 One Spots and enough cables to run our effects. Trying to get away from batteries. Between 16 AA and 8 to 10 9V rechargeable plus chargers, I think it may be economical to go this route.

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

@surfergirl,  How long will the power supply last running both amps and the pedals before you need to re-charge?  1, 2, or 3 hours maybe? 

Looks like a cool rig idea, along with a hand truck to get you to your busking site...😎👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

1 hour ago, Larryz said:

@surfergirl,  How long will the power supply last running both amps and the pedals before you need to re-charge?  1, 2, or 3 hours maybe? 

Looks like a cool rig idea, along with a hand truck to get you to your busking site...😎👍

This is the one we ordered. It's 500watts, only weighs 13 lbs. With the amp they claim 2hrs on a charge, I don't think our 7 pedals will change that to much. This morning after I looked at their website I received an ad right on queue. I deleted it, but the ad came right back. Annoyed, I opened it and got the unit for $86., 78% off. That's less than the cost of rechargeable batteries and chargers.

E500_lake_outdoor-2_2_bb533c65-ea0b-4e18-b993-c4430c17ce01.png.d09fdf1c636648b28a14c07133d1cf70.png

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Jennifer S.