Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Problem hearing all the layers when sequencing on the PC4 using MULT as the record track.

ehand

What is the procedure for sequencing on the PC4 using MULT as the record track.  I can only hear one layer when recording in MULT mode.  I need to hear all of them as I am recording.  This should help me use the MULT option as a songwriting/ arranging tool.  I can't get it to work.  I'm doing what the manual says to do.  There must be some detail, I'm not aware of.  Can someone help me?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not familiar with it but I tried just now and it worked. Some things to check are:

- That you record while in multimode (select an empty song first)
- If there any events which send volume (cc7) or expression (cc11) to 0 (check each track).
- Whether the Global Mixer overrides these (?).
- That you are playing the Song back while in Multimode (so programs and effects are correct).

I noticed that an incorrect program played and displayed on a channel but that when the song played from Multimode the correct program played.  Inside the song on the event page I could see the kurz was showing the right program - it inserts these program change events for you.
 I think the midi channels must all be represented on each empty track before you start.

Sorry if not helpful, I’m more of a sound design chap!