Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Auctioning off Peter Green's guitars - June

KuruPrionz

I hope the auction is successful and the proceeds go to his friends and family.  I think the guitars will go for more than they are valued at.  Keep us posted if you find any news about the results of the auction...RIP Peter. 😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

9 hours ago, Larryz said:

I hope the auction is successful and the proceeds go to his friends and family.  I think the guitars will go for more than they are valued at.  Keep us posted if you find any news about the results of the auction...RIP Peter. 😎

It's hard to say, Peter Green isn't at the same star level as some. He's more of a "guitarists cult figure" than an internationally exhalted icon of rock music. 

I can't afford any of them so away they go. I'm guessing a good few of them end up being played and I'm also guessing some of the iconic musicians may buy one of his guitars and take it out on tour. 

Too many amazing guitars in glass cases!!! Made to be played. 😇

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Peter Green wrote one of my favorite tunes: Black Magic Woman and inspired another guitar icon Carlos Santana. Plus he had a Fleetwood Mac history (one of my favorite bands).  I wouldn't mind having that White Falcon or the Surfing green Strat!  +1 having classic guitars that can't be played is a real shame.  Kind of like having a classic car that you can't drive anywhere and can't trust leaving it in a parking lot...  😎👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

19 minutes ago, Larryz said:

Peter Green wrote one of my favorite tunes: Black Magic Woman and inspired another guitar icon Carlos Santana. Plus he had a Fleetwood Mac history (one of my favorite bands).  I wouldn't mind having that White Falcon or the Surfing green Strat!  +1 having classic guitars that can't be played is a real shame.  Kind of like having a classic car that you can't drive anywhere and can't trust leaving it in a parking lot...  😎👍

Yep, those guitars were made to be played. No dings on Mr. Green, he played his. 
I wonder if he'd already sold his late 50's Les Paul sunburst? Those go for big bucks and he was enough of a star for it to be pretty ridiculous and yes, if I owned a $300,000+ guitar I probably wouldn't take it out to play bar gigs. Actually, I'd sell it, pay off my condo and have a nice chunk of money. 

Besides, I like Strats and Teles mostly. 🤠

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

I wonder if he'd already sold his late 50's Les Paul sunburst? Those go for big bucks and he was enough of a star for it to be pretty ridiculous and yes, if I owned a $300,000+ guitar I probably wouldn't take it out to play bar gigs.

That Les Paul is actually now owned by Kirk Hammett of Metallica.

As for Peter Green's other guitars, I have always wondered whatever happened to his 1959 Strat with a maple neck? I know his Fender Bass VI was given to John McVie and recently got auctioned off.

• Like 3

Just now, IMMusicRulz said:

That Les Paul is actually now owned by Kirk Hammett of Metallica.

As for Peter Green's other guitars, I have always wondered whatever happened to his 1959 Strat with a maple neck? I know his Fender Bass VI was given to John McVie and recently got auctioned off.

Thanks for the info!

I've owned a few Les Pauls and worked on many. The only one I really liked was a double cutaway Les Paul Junior from the late 50's early 60's. But I hate how much P-90 pickups hum! I don't own any Les Pauls now, too heavy and too hard to get up into the higher registers plus they just don't bring the "chime" like a Fender. 

So it goes...

• Like 2