Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Garage Sale East Coast / West Coast

Local pickup on the garage sale is always nice.  The LA guys seem to sell off their shtuff for LP more often then the New Yawkers.  I wonder if there’s anything to that. Do we have a bunch of hoarders on the east coast?  Is vitamin D from sunny skies a precursor to the garage sale hormone?  😉

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I buy and sell music equipment constantly, side hustle for me.

Working 10 years in music store retail got me started. 

I only do local pickup when the item is fragile or too heavy to ship (that number has risen sharply since shipping has almost tripled in cost in the last three years)

When I do local pickup, it is always done at the office building where I work downtown DC.

I never have people come to my crib.

Should I need to sell my Hammond A 100 that will be an exception to the rule.

• Like 3
:nopity:

Also, calculating shipping often means loading everything up and going to the UPS store and weighing everything and getting an estimate. And...what is the gentle way to put this...? Folks in SoCal aren't known as exactly the most motivated creatures who ever lived. 

• Haha 2

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

50 minutes ago, MathOfInsects said:

Also, calculating shipping often means loading everything up and going to the UPS store and weighing everything and getting an estimate. And...what is the gentle way to put this...? Folks in SoCal aren't known as exactly the most motivated creatures who ever lived. 

Actually, calculating shipping means putting your item on your scale in the bathroom, adding about 5 pounds (or 10 if it's huge!), measuring the item and adding 6 inches to each dimension, then looking it up on the eBay shipping calculator. That should provide relatively valid shipping costs for USPS, UPS and Fed Ex, it's been a while since I've been on there but they used to include the full price and the eBay shipping price (they got a discount because volume and passed at least part of it along). 

That's how I've always done it. Almost 1,000 feedback on eBay, all positive, a few on Reverb and lots of local craigslist sales with no shipping. If you want to get rid of lots of spammers when you post on craigslist just include "Local cash only, I will not ship" and many of them will just go away. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.