Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thought about concentrating on vocals

surfergirl

My ad for replacement guitarist.

Wanted guitarist for Country/Rock band. We are four lifelong friends who are not particularly welcoming to new people, so we will likely ignore you. Our drummer is a fireman so our schedule revolves around him. We have very few if any, paying gigs. If interested please contact us.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Jennifer S.

1 hour ago, hurricane hugo said:

How many of you currently sing? Lead, backing, doesn't really matter for this question.

I sing lead, lead guitar player and bass player do backup. Obviously I'm kidding here, but I  have removed most effects from my signal so I don't have to think about to much. 

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

Can I be in the band if I live in Washington and never show up?

Plus, I wanna sing lead too so we can play Islands In The Stream like Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton but they have the same number of letters in their first and last names so that might get complicated...

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

6 hours ago, surfergirl said:

My ad for replacement guitarist.

Wanted guitarist for Country/Rock band. We are four lifelong friends who are not particularly welcoming to new people, so we will likely ignore you. Our drummer is a fireman so our schedule revolves around him. We have very few if any, paying gigs. If interested please contact us.🤣

SurferGirl, In my country/rock band gigging days, we had a backup drummer we could call anytime our drummer couldn't make the gig.  Since my son is a fireman, I know what it is like when he gets called out for a "mandatory" come-in call .  You may want to consider practicing without a drummer, have a backup drummer or use a drum machine or looper.  Hope you find that guitar player and glad to hear you are concentrating on your vocals!  🤠👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

12 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Plus, I wanna sing lead too so we can play Islands In The Stream like Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton but they have the same number of letters in their first and last names so that might get complicated...

KuruPrionz and surfergirl each have ten letters...  ;) 

It's a sign!
  :yeahthat:  

• Haha 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Off topic rambling ....  My first real guitar teacher as a kid made me sing.  It was embarrassing because I was shy and had no talent for it and he was a vocalist for an R&B band signed to Columbia in the 60s/70s.  He made me sing a song at lessons every week in front of him ... horrible.  

His idea is all players had to sing because is strengthens the ability to relate sound to pitch.  The ability to play what you hear either with your ears or what you hear inside your head.  He was my guitar teacher but he made me a keyboardist also.  Before his lessons I was just a classical piano student who played what was written on paper.  Now I'm an old man who can't sight read anything anymore.  LOL  But he made me a player.  There was no YouTube.

• Like 4

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt