Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Until I Found You

ElmerJFudd

Heard this track on NY pop station this morning.  Singer song writer, Steve Sanchez on Republic Records is charting internationally with the track.  A throw back song in every way - I mean you can tell by the digital quality and fidelity it’s a new recording - but in writing, arranging, fx choices, it’s an oldie.  

Novelty or the start of a trend?  Are music consumers thirsty for classic song form and more chords in their popular music again?  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of throwback to 70s and 80s at the moment, but this goes all the way back to 50s doo-wop/crooners.

Plus it's another song to add to the Georgia canon, alongside Midnight Train To / Rainy Night In / On My Mind /Devil Went Down To and Sweet Brown. 

Cheers, Mike.

9 minutes ago, stoken6 said:

There's a lot of throwback to 70s and 80s at the moment, but this goes all the way back to 50s doo-wop/crooners.

Plus it's another song to add to the Georgia canon, alongside Midnight Train To / Rainy Night In / On My Mind /Devil Went Down To and Sweet Brown. 

Cheers, Mike.

True true.  I’m thinking Roy  Orbison, Buddy Holly.  

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

6 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Novelty or the start of a trend?  Are music consumers thirsty for classic song form and more chords in their popular music again?  

Hopefully the latter. I hope this genre continues to become more balanced.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw