Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music stand for qs8.2

Mcfuddy

So Alexis qs 8.2 does not come with a place to put sheet music, and if a person decides to have their keyboard against a wall there really isn't a way to have the music directly in front of the player.

Any common way of attaching a music stand or something to the keyboard itself? Are there products designed for this?

What you are looking for is typically called a Music rest for a digital keyboard.  They tend to be specific to the manufacturers line and model specifically because of how they attach to the keyboard.  Some lock on with thumb screws and some slide into peg holes existing on the keyboard.  

if you can measure how much space you have for a music rest where you want it to be on the top of the QS8 Then you could maybe find a fairly generic design and Velcro tape it to the keyboard even if you have to break off the pegs or something.

Side note, I have seen a foldable music rest, metal, like the top of those we used to use in grade school that has a flat bottom for the top of a digital piano.  Again I’m not sure how much space you have for it on the QS8, blocking display or buttons.  

DF73E77F-B417-46A9-808D-1EA348520F44.jpeg.503f179f5529ba0741669851b18678d8.jpeg

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

It's strange I haven't been able to find one made for that model. 

In fact, I haven't been able to figure out where one would be meant to go.

I may have to go the route of using Velcro tape on a music rest, as suggested.

I appreciate the responses.

9 minutes ago, Mcfuddy said:

It's strange I haven't been able to find one made for that model. 

In fact, I haven't been able to figure out where one would be meant to go.

I may have to go the route of using Velcro tape on a music rest, as suggested.

I appreciate the responses.

Yes.  There are a lot of synths with no music rest in the design. Another option if you go tablet or iPad for your charts, you could mount to a boom stand and get it in the place you want it.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

8 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Yes.  There are a lot of synths with no music rest in the design. Another option if you go tablet or iPad for your charts, you could mount to a boom stand and get it in the place you want it.  

You can also get music stands that clamp onto <something> - such as this one: https://staggmusic.com/en/products/view/MUSARM2-large-perforated-music-stand-plate-with-attachable-holder-arm/. Its suitability depends on what other hardware you have on your stand. Other clamping music stands are available, which may be more suitable.

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1