Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A quick encounter with some keyboards

marino

2 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

That's a pretty cynical take. He has a quality youtube channel.

He's also good enough to be a permanent member of one of the biggest live acts on the planet.

But this still isn't enough for this forum.🤣 Apparently, somebody making money from his profession is not viewed as a good thing.

But surely the poster of that comment is a much more accomplished professional musician...😋

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Tough crowd.  I actually am subscribed to Matt Johnson's YouTube channel and watch all of his videos.

Matt himself has said that his channel is a way of generating income, it was started during the pandemic at his wife's suggestion.

Don't know where the idea that anything I posted was suggesting he was doing something wrong. 

My comment was neutral, interpretations of it (and jabs at me personally) happen on a public forum.:snax:

Tell you what, CP. Meet me at Hammerjack's (you should know where that is) on Thursday 08/04 and I'll buy you a beer. 

Carlo, sorry for the OT, you have been around here long enough to know that this happens time to time. 

• Like 1
:nopity:

8 hours ago, stoken6 said:

I don't see that there's anything wrong with a muso putting together patches and selling them.  It's a perfectly honest and legitimate way to make money. 

Indeed...if they want to value their time at $2 an hour, more power to them :)

I've done a lot of commercial patch sets in my time. Maybe I'm just slow, but they take me   f   o   r   e   v   e   r.    If I wasn't making the sounds primarily for myself, I wouldn't do it.

13 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Matt Johnson’s patches sound really good to my ears. I’m considering of buying a few of them. In addition to being a synth head, Matt Johnson is also an amazing player. I’m subscribed to his channel and I think it's a great resource to keyboard players of all skill levels. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, Doerfler said:

which is why he does the videos 

I bought this pack. I've never in my life purchased presets but Matt's stuff is exceptional. He programs things I've come close to but didn't fully flesh out and he does things that just never would've occurred to me. (I never played with detuning in unison mode for the purposes of recreating classic analog slop.) Almost all his presets are musical and useful. A scant few duds. For  ~$35 it was well worth the money; a personal lesson from an absolute master.  

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, Doerfler said:

Tough crowd.  I actually am subscribed to Matt Johnson's YouTube channel and watch all of his videos.

Matt himself has said that his channel is a way of generating income, it was started during the pandemic at his wife's suggestion.

Don't know where the idea that anything I posted was suggesting he was doing something wrong. 

My comment was neutral, interpretations of it (and jabs at me personally) happen on a public forum.:snax:

Tell you what, CP. Meet me at Hammerjack's (you should know where that is) on Thursday 08/04 and I'll buy you a beer. 

Carlo, sorry for the OT, you have been around here long enough to know that this happens time to time. 

I appreciate the clarification and the invite, but I moved far away from Baltimore and haven't looked back.

• Like 1

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation