Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What key to play Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" for female singer

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could make a suggestion on what key to play Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" in for a female singer (me). I can't hit any of the notes of the melody in the original version, because it goes way way too deep. Music theory isn't my strong suit, so I thought I'd put this out there, and see if anyone can help me out. Thanks! 

• Like 1

JJB, I would give Gminor a try...The original is in Eminor so you are up a little higher which usually works better for a female singer.  If you go on Chordie.com you'll find just about any old tune for chords and lyrics.  You can click on +1 +2 +3, etc. semitones and the site will transpose the tune and then you can print it.  But here's the chords:

verse:

Gm  F  C  Gm

Gm  F  C  Gm

Chorus:

F  Gm  F  Gm

F  C  Eb  Fadd11  Gm

Hope this is helpful...😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

• 1 month later...

If you have any friends who play guitar and use a capo, ask them to work with you. 

They won't have to learn any new chords, they can play from the chart and just keep moving the capo one fret higher until you find the key you like. 

Make note of what fret that is and then the band can transpose. Should be easy. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.