Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One more SDOTD.

8 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Fender acoustic concert ukulele. My ukulele collection is now complete.

20220716_170028.thumb.jpg.a98bf371ed062fa3b9aedb8bba269a8a.jpg

It's very nice...

Seriously, it is very nice. I bought Elizabeth a nice Makala MK-CE Concert Ukulele with a built-in pickup and controls a few years ago. I checked a few out in the store, then she did, without my having said anything about what I thought of them, and we both had picked the same one as sounding the best and warmest.

And I've toyed with the idea of getting myself one, perhaps a Fender Fullerton Tele Uke, very similar to yours in some ways, but with obvious differences...

GC9C7g8.gif 

F2NLDb6.jpg

lCpXla6.jpg

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@Caevan O’ShiteIf you do decide to get any Fender ukulele ignore the youtube reviews. Some of them make it sound like the headstock is a full size Fender headstock, it's not. 

Ukulele was my first instrument so I'm a bit of purist when it comes to shape, but have to admit I do like the Fender headstock.

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

@Caevan O’ShiteIf you do decide to get any Fender ukulele ignore the youtube reviews. Some of them make it sound like the headstock is a full size Fender headstock, it's not. 

Ukulele was my first instrument so I'm a bit of purist when it comes to shape, but have to admit I do like the Fender headstock.

Thanks for the input! While I would definitely want that to have decent overall sound, tone, and performance, the Tele-styled uke would be largely for the novelty of having a ukulele that matches my Telebastard project guitar, and just to have another instrument and voice on hand. If I got more serious about ukulele, I'd look for a more serious ukulele.

There were Les Paul styled Epiphone or Gibson ukes, but this line of Fender Ukes that mirror their classic electric guitar models seem to have better overall quality and tone, to be more 'serious' ukulele instruments. Clearly not 'purist' ukuleles, but nice enough in their own right.

ANYWAY, tell us more about how you like this one that you just got- and how you're planning to be using it! Mostly live, mostly for recording- or mostly both? 😃

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I haven't performed any with a ukulele since school. If I do I lean towards using the electric primarly, altho I could use this in some circumstances. This is mostly  a hanging out with friends at the beach, park or backyard. In school we had a group of about 8 to 12 that would play at the bandstand 5 or 6 times a year. They still have music there first Sunday.  I may try to get involved with them. 

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

• 3 weeks later...

I woke up this morning and succumbed to the Moog Grandmother Synth as the SDOTD for $350-cheaper than usual... they seemed to sell out of the deal quickly.

It was an impulsive thing... maybe I'll flip it and make a few hundred bucks?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, p90jr said:

I woke up this morning and succumbed to the Moog Grandmother Synth as the SDOTD for $350-cheaper than usual... they seemed to sell out of the deal quickly.

It was an impulsive thing... maybe I'll flip it and make a few hundred bucks?

Thats QUITE an impulse buy!

• Like 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com