Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Deal alert- Used Warm Audio Jet Phaser for cheap!

Deal alert- I ran across a Musician's Friend ad for a used Warm Audio Jet Phaser, for $109.99 as I type... ! (New specimens go for about $200.) I thought, why don't I tip off my friends here about it... ?

It's big, it's heavy, it has churchy furniture-like wooden ends on a metal enclosure with two footswitches, including Fast and Slow; it runs on 18vdc (PS or two 9v batteries); it has FOUR fuzz/phase modes (and two phase modes without the fuzz). It's an electronic recreation of the rare, vintage Roland Jet Phaser. If I were able to be buying pedals right now, I'd snag this, myself.

Here's a great demo:

Larry Graham with an original Roland Jet Phaser:

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• 2 weeks later...

Dang... I'd buy it... I'm fighting the urge... but it's a bad time. Pool chemicals seem to be as expensive as gas here now and I have to get that together this month... and the local criminal ring stole the catalytic converters out of both of our Priuses, so that's a 2 x $500 deductible and we're having to drive the SUVs in the meantime (we're lucky to also have them, but...) and I'm sure you guys know what that's running... luckily I only drive about 10 miles total a week, usually, so I can't complain too much... and I made a gear purchase I'll mention elsewhere, so... but it's tempting... knowing myself I will wake up in the middle of the night and just order it.

• Sad 1

P90, Sorry to hear the cat thieves got away with two cats off of your cars.  You're lucky your insurance is covering it for $500 each.  It could have cost thousands more each for parts and labor.  Maybe the insurance savings could help you afford that Jet phaser...😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

On 3/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, p90jr said:

Dang... I'd buy it... I'm fighting the urge... but it's a bad time. Pool chemicals seem to be as expensive as gas here now and I have to get that together this month... and the local criminal ring stole the catalytic converters out of both of our Priuses, so that's a 2 x $500 deductible and we're having to drive the SUVs in the meantime (we're lucky to also have them, but...) and I'm sure you guys know what that's running... luckily I only drive about 10 miles total a week, usually, so I can't complain too much... and I made a gear purchase I'll mention elsewhere, so... but it's tempting... knowing myself I will wake up in the middle of the night and just order it.

First I was not a member of this team. My high schools robotics team developed and sells shields to prevent catalytic converter theft. I have to brag about them, my senior year, 2018, the won an international competition against over 50 other teams in Montreal. They also won a design competition at same event    

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, p90jr said:

You only live once... I bought it.

Hey! I'm glad that you were able to snag that! I wanted tip off my friends here about it when I saw it, and I'm glad I did! Enjoy, and let us know how you like it- keep us posted, maybe even post a vid or clip if you can.

By the way- how did things work out with that Free-Way 5-Way/10-Position Switch for you?

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Stupid Deal of the day the Pigtronix Resotron for $99. I grabbed one at this price a couple of years ago, Fun... I had grabbed the Pigtronix Mothership 2 a year before for this price, too... they usually list them within a day of each other, so that might've been yesterday, or might be tomorrow...

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Caevan OShite said:

Hey! I'm glad that you were able to snag that! I wanted tip off my friends here about it when I saw it, and I'm glad I did! Enjoy, and let us know how you like it- keep us posted, maybe even post a vid or clip if you can.

By the way- how did things work out with that Free-Way 5-Way/10-Position Switch for you?

It was delivered yesterday... I haven't even had a chance to open the box, yet... just finished a big thing at work an hour ago...

and I still haven't upgraded the switch on the firebird. I've been having fun with it the way it is, but I'll have a soldering day (I kind of hate soldering) soon...

• Like 4