Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Mark Gurman (Bloomberg) says fall 2022 Apple will release "the widest array" of new devices in its history.

March or April will see the launch of the 5G iPhone SE, a refreshed iPad Air with an A15 chip, and perhaps at least one Mac.

Apple may use the spring event to bring the M1 Pro chip to another Mac, either a higher-end iMac or Mac mini

*There is some developer code that references a A 12 Core CPU configuration Apple iMac Pro.

Fall 2022

iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Max, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max

an updated low-end MacBook Pro

a refreshed larger-screened iMac

a new Mac Pro

a redesigned MacBook Air

second-generation AirPods Pro

three Apple Watches (Series 8, SE, and Rugged)

a low-end iPad

and new iPad Pro models

macrumors.com

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I was in wait-and-see mode with the M1 mini. I'll pounce on a model with more cores. That'll be my new sound module :)

That fall lineup is bananas. I mean, nothing revolutionary, but that's a lot of kit. Fortunately for my wallet, everything iOS I own just continues to chug along with no friction.

I make software noises.

Put me down for the Mac Mini :)

I've heard rumors that Apple will continue to offer an Intel-powered Mac Pro, but I'm not sure if that means they'll keep selling the existing one but offer a "lite" model with Apple Silicon, or put an Apple Silicon model on hold for another year or so. I suspect the former, but in the immortal words of Herman Cain, "I don't have facts to back this up."

If there's a less expensive Mac Pro with Apple Silicon (and - fingers crossed - a more modular design), I might want that instead of a Mac Mini, depending on price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for the new "Mac Connected" line. iPhones and iPads with headphone jacks, SD readers and USB c built in. Guess I will wait a little longer. 😄

Seriously, I would consider a new iPhone if there is a noticeable upgrade to the camera over my 12 Pro Max. I would then give mine to my sister who is still using a 6.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page