Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Canon PowerShot Zoom.

My photography GAS has been in check for a long time, but yesterday I made an order and it has me very excited. The Canon PowerShot Zoom at a big $269. :)

Since retirement I am a man of many hobbies, one of which is birding. Birding can be as cheap as a used guide book and a cheap pair of binoculars, or as expensive as a really good 150-600mm zoom lens on a nice camera. I'm somewhere in between but my biggest issue is trying to get a good view of the bird, maybe get a photo for identification, and then using the app on my phone to identify the bird. I especially don't like lugging a camera around and my biggest lens, a zoom that goes up to 300mm, is not enough. Enter the Canon PS Zoom. Basically a monocular with camera abilities and a switch to go from 100 to 400 optical and up to 800 digital zoom. Small enough to fit in one hand. I like everything about it except maybe the battery life. It has a build in battery that cannot be swapped and is rated for up to 1 hour. This would be more of a problem for users that want to use it at a ball game. For birders it is probably okay for short hikes with limited use.

Has anyone got one of these already? I'm excited and waiting for Amazon which for some reason has a long shipping estimate even though it is shold and shipped by them and is listed as being in stock.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the Canon, but I use a DJI Pocket2 that has a non removable battery. I found a solution that may work for you.

smatree power bank

It does have a standard tripod fitting at the top which you maybe able to use, but it almost doubles my recording time, which helps immensely.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"