Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New music from the Howe/White version of Yes

GRollins

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great stuff, good sounds, and it's the first time that I have truly enjoyed Jon Davison's voice! He sounds more comfortable in his skin this time around, like he's no longer trying to self-consciously mimic Jon Anderson.

Some of Steve Howe's best playing in years; warmer and more inspired as well as lacking the harshness that his tone had begun to develop. I do feel that Geoff Downes still overplays a bit at times (too many ornamentations).

I think the new Yes line-up has reached the point of maturity and confidence that Marillion got to after the departure of Fish as their lead singer. And Billy Sherwood has his own tone but is a great replacement for Chris Squire.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager