Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Passive Acoustic PU

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a buddy that has 3 or more Takamine 12's. The newer ones have tuners on board and battery compartments. The older one is his favorite and I talked him into having a battery box installed on the rear near the strap holder (the luthiers picked the location). It worked out great for battery access and didn't hurt the sound at all. It was a cool way to keep the active pickup. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

try the K and K pickups... it's what my tech begged to put in my 12-string acoustic (because it's easier to deal with than using the replacement bridge strip undersadle Fishmans). It has three contacts that glue to the underside of the bridge, Sounds great! and NO BATTERIES!!!! (I hate dealing with them in anything!)

https://kksound.com/instruments/acousticguitar.php

try the K and K pickups... it's what my tech begged to put in my 12-string acoustic (because it's easier to deal with than using the replacement bridge strip undersadle Fishmans). It has three contacts that glue to the underside of the bridge, Sounds great! and NO BATTERIES!!!! (I hate dealing with them in anything!)

This!!! I've installed 6 sets of K&K Pro Mini pickups in various guitars, all were successful and the owners love them. One of them is in my own Rainsong OM 1000 and I think it's awesome - I wish I'd done it sooner.

The installation is fairly simple, I sent K&K some additional instructions I developed when performing my 3rd installation. Not sure if they've added those to their installation sheet but Dieter (founder and owner) did email me and thanked me for submitting them. If you need them, PM me.

The pickups sound great, do not require a battery or controls on the guitar and removing the under saddle pickup and replacing it with a saddle that touches the bottom of the saddle slot on the guitar really improved the tone of the instrument.

It's a total win in my book.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

This!!! I've installed 6 sets of K&K Pro Mini pickups in various guitars, all were successful and the owners love them. One of them is in my own Rainsong OM 1000 and I think it's awesome - I wish I'd done it sooner.

The installation is fairly simple, I sent K&K some additional instructions I developed when performing my 3rd installation. Not sure if they've added those to their installation sheet but Dieter (founder and owner) did email me and thanked me for submitting them. If you need them, PM me.

The pickups sound great, do not require a battery or controls on the guitar and removing the under saddle pickup and replacing it with a saddle that touches the bottom of the saddle slot on the guitar really improved the tone of the instrument.

Those sound great! Might you have those instructions you created that I can share with my tech guy? I don't think he's installed these on anything else.

Great tip! Thanks!

Those sound great! Might you have those instructions you created that I can share with my tech guy? I don't think he's installed these on anything else.

Great tip! Thanks!

PM sent. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.