Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bluetooth issues with Roli lumi keys �- anyone using them?

Hey guys

I"ve tried everything with my new roli lumi keys... and the Bluetooth just doesn"t work

It Goes into pairing mode with the blue wave and then when I try to connect in iPhone or iPad app or even the MacBook with the Bluetooth studio⦠It shows connecting then the keyboard turns into the rainbow pattern and goes back to blue and then the connection is never made

I can use the keyboard very well with the iPad iPhone and laptop using the USB -C cable⦠But Bluetooth doesn"t work with any of those three devices

I"ve tried resetting it to default and also updating the firmware but doesn"t make any changes

Can anybody help me try anything different or maybe I got it broken unit!

Thank you

Phillip

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I haven't run into this issue, but I haven't used it very much since I got my replacement unit (!) after the one I initially received had the manufacturing issue that caused the keys to chip and fall apart...

What app do you use for Bluetooth pairing? I remember trying a few before settling on midimittr as the simplest one-stop-shop. Not ruling out that it's an issue with the unit, of course, but a man can dream!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I just tried Midimttr.. same interface as the Roli NOISE app for connecting or the Korg BLE one... it sees my LUMI Keys Block.. and asks to "Connect"... The Roli is in pairing mode and waving the blue color..

Then i click connect... and it goes RAINBOW then says ... "Connecting...." and spins and spins.. meanwhile keyboard back to blue wave

Is there anything else i can try?

USB connection is solid and no issues

Bluetooth to iphone, ipad or laptop not working

Confirmed that my brand new Lumi controller is dead D.O.A. for bluetooth. Another unit working perfectly.

Bad units being shipped by Roli and very very difficult almost impossible to reach the company for support, refunds, anything. Whats going on with them there?

Confirmed that my brand new Lumi controller is dead D.O.A. for bluetooth. Another unit working perfectly.

Bad units being shipped by Roli and very very difficult almost impossible to reach the company for support, refunds, anything. Whats going on with them there?

They've been in trouble for a couple of years, based on what I've seen. Combination of an allegedly very toxic corporate culture and a lot of debt. It's a shame, I love my Seaboard!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

The company finally acknowledged my unit having bluetooth issues with the onboard bluetooth chip/hardware. But the replacement will take weeks to arrive they said, bec so backed up with issues and customer requests and backlogged orders from Texas storm and everything.

The only reason they even wrote me back, was because I DM'd their social team for an entire week on Instagram. Otherwise, all my support emails went unanswered for 3 weeks. Crazy experience with this company, very difficult! Currently they got $1000 of orders for me and they either arrived broken or delayed. Dont let this happen to you too.