Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Neon Vines gave me a headache

If you stumble across an artist on YouTube that you think is overrated, then post a thread like "hey, this gal (guy) is overrated", you're just providing that artist with more clicks, further solidifying their position in the YT algorithms and working at cross-purposes with your goal of suppressing that artist's (in your opinion) unjustified success.

Just hit the back button and move on . . .

Not just on YouTube but anytime a person, group, organization points a finger they are make what they're pointing at of interest to others. I remember back in high school my friends and I would be trying to decide what movie to see on the weekend, so we'd get ahold of a friend that went to a catholic school and ask him what are they telling you forbidden to see and get the list. So discovered a cool movies that way. Over the years on the news you'd hear "the says don't buy this and of course that made whatever it was sell. So yes people need to realize saying this sucks, avoid that, don't listen to that, or stay off my lawn you make that whatever it is interesting to a huge segment of the population.

As the old saying goes "there is no such thing as bad press". When I was taking marketing and later sales classes they talked how people memories work. At first people might remember so in so said brand X or person Y is bad for reason Z, but after a little time people forget what about reason Z and just remember I've heard of that brand or person guess I must of like it or them.

So don't yell "stay of the lawn" unless you want everyone in your neighborhood to step on your lawn when you're not look just for the fun of it. Even the sweet old lady down the street is taking a few steps and grinning.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic