Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BX3 learn mode

Nicky

Hey all, I know some of you are using BX3. I can midi learn drawbar control from my controller, but how do you get those changes to be permanent? I'm saving the sound, but when I relaunch BX3, load that patch, it defaults to the original cc numbers for each drawbar...I would love to be able to set it globally for any preset I choose. What am I missing? Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you can't save your own "profile"...but if you launch your daw with the plug in saved as part of the session, it will remember your cc numbers? But if you start a new session, in PT for example, launch BX3, you have to midi learn all over again?

In the Studio, I use an old Nord Electro and sometimes a Voce V5 to control the Bx3.

First: Be sure to update to the latest firmware it's up a couple of points from the initial release- I know the first Rev would sometimes forget assignments.

I'm not in front of it right now- but I went into the Midi configuration page. Based on whatever the first (hammond) organ controller that appears. I altered all the controllers to match the Nord's midi controllers instead of the other way around. Had to dig out the Nord manual and use Logic's Midi monitor, as the Nord does some weird stuff for percussion, and leslie stuff. At least for me, that worked out fine with my live rig as Nord uses the same Midi #s for the Stage series too. Any generic controller should work & you can match it up pretty easy.The latest IK update allows for latching on switches and that's super helpful.

I've emailed IK a couple of times that they really need allow a user map preset for those of us that use multiple Non-Hammond controllers. But that fell on deaf ears.. That leaves me scratching my head as they proudly feature Jordan Rudess (great) Deep Purple resets, but he's not using a Hammond as a controller either.. It does at least retain the edits you make to the existing layouts

As long as that first controller config is active, any future presets will reflect those controller settings you made.

Just saw your additional post: Here's a quirky thing, I have the Bx3 in my client session Logic template. For some reason, I have to switch to another preset after it initially loads, as it doesn't appear to load my saved config until I do that. Not sure if it does this in PT as well..... When I've used it Stand-alone or in Mainstage, it doesn't emit this behavior.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.