Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Planet Mellotron website

In a quest to determine whether I was in fact hearing Mellotron in the first verse of Aerosmith's Cryin, I happened upon the Planet Mellotron website: CLONK. The site includes a pretty comprehensive review of albums featuring Mellotron. I didn't find a discussion of it on the forum, and thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the share!

Re: Cryin': It's been a long time since I listened to that tune, too long ago to have really been listening for specific keyboard instruments... but man, this song, along with a lot of other post-rehab Aerosmith tracks (particularly on "Big Ones") logged a great many spins in my walkman during my teenage years. :laugh:

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Great song, and it does sound like the Mellotron flutes at the top. Like you said, no clue in the credits as to what exactly it is though.

I did see the song was mixed by Brendan O'Brien. Brendan engineered and played the great Mellotron stuff on the RHCP "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" album, but that's the only (faint) clue that it kinda-sorta-possibly-could-be a real Mellotron?