Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keybo.x Kickstarter

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat idea. 1gb of storage for what looks like 4 sampled instruments - a MkI, MkII, Wurly and a Clav. But we can't hear what they all sound like, so I'm not sure the developer has sampled 3 of these instruments yet. I can see the target audience is guys who want to play with stomp boxes and go to a guitar amp. Would be nice if they had some modeled pedals already in the box.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

A bold move with so many great workstation and software options out there, but I can see the appeal, even if it's narrow. I'd like to hear the other three samples too, but the Rhodes does sound great. Not sure if it's really as good a deal as getting a Pianoteq sound pack or other VST, but if you really didn't want to have to deal with a laptop or tablet, and you wanted to run the sounds through an amp, it makes sense. I'm more likely to run my Wurli and clav through a modeled amp and leave the tube amp at home than the other way around, but if I had a nice controller and didn't want to haul the vintage stuff but wanted a little more tonal mojo, it's pretty cool for being about the size of my Big Muff Pi.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Hello everyone,

here we are with our project Keybo.X, a keyboard in a box!

Keybo.X it's an electric piano (and keys) sound module, with an old school kind of soul and attitude.

A really simple box, with a fine sounding electric keys sound module, that gives you the opportunity to use it, not only as a simple modern expander or keyboard, through a console line input or, for example, with an audio interface but also, as a real electric piano, to plug it straight out of the box in to your (or you guitarist's :) ) amps or stomp boxes.

Our idea is to create a professional (but still affordable) sound engine with no fuss ad no useless optional effects (the only on board effect is the tremolo that you can activate by using the mod wheel) or function.

Just a good sounding module with a regular stereo line output plus an hiz (guitar level) mono output that gives you the opportunity to use the sound that comes out with any guitar/bass effect or amp.

We cut out any optional feature, to use all the processing power and get the best sound.

The sounds youll'gonna get on the first release of Keybo.X are: the Mk I (already sampled), the Mk II, the Wurly 200 and the Clav (not yet sampled), but we are working to expand the libraries

with a Cp70 like piano, a Pianet and so on, the memory in fact is fully rewritable and sounds upgrade are on our plans!

The reason why not all the sounds have been sampled yet is about our budget, we spent our budget, our own money, to design the hardware, to develop the internal software, and to create the first of four sounds that will be installed into Keybo.X.

So we thought we"d launch our first project by a crowd founding campaign to get your support to fill the void between our prototype and your hands.

Here you can hear some new demos of Keybo.X, you always hear about our Mk I but you can get an idea about the sound quality of the module:

Let me know what do you think about and, if you like, support us on Kickstarter and share the link:

Thanks, Gianluca and Atp Line team.