Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A different holiday tale...

whitefang

Merry Christmas all.

I've posted this one before elsewhere, but not for a couple of years. And it bears another posting..... ;)

I know not many (if any) are spending any time in this forum today, with all many of you have to do today, but I thought I'd lighten things up with a different, but TRUE holiday tale that'll hopefully make up for that indigestible Thanksgiving story. ;)

Back in the '70's( and sill today) my ex's older sister taught Sunday school. One year, it was like this year with Christmas day so close to a Sunday, she knew the kids would be too keyed up for the holiday to be able to listen to any Bible lesson, so she instead passed out sheets of drawing paper and put a bucket of crayons on each table of kids and invited them to draw a picture about Christmas.

When most were through, she sat in a chair and looked over each one and critiqued them, "OOH-ing" and "AH-ing" over each one, ie: "Oh, that's a nice looking Christmas tree".... and so on. And even though it was Sunday school, some kids drew pictures of Santa Claus ( ;) ), and the raver ones tried Nativity scenes....

On these, she spent more time and on one particular one, her critique went like this...

"Oh, that's a nice drawing. Let's see, that must be the Three Wise Men," and the little boy said, "Yep." and the same when she pointed out the other various important figures, Mary, Joseph, and the little baby Jesus. And for one certain figure in his drawing, she asked..."So, what is this you have floating in the air above everyone else, it kind of looks like a GORILLA?" And the boy looked up at her with a confused look on his face and adamantly claimed, "That's NOT a Gorilla! That's MARK, the HAIRY ANGEL!" :D

That kid's gotta be in his mid to late 40's by now, and I wonder if HIS kids ever heard this story? ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived