Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steinberger Double Ball Strings

J. Dan

I have a 1981 vintage Steinberger XL-2 bass. I love it but stores haven't stocked the double ball strings for years - you have to order them, and it's made it a bit more difficult to try out different strings. I need to order some now but I was considering other options.

I remember years ago somebody had some sort of adapter that would allow you to use normal strings but I'm not sure how to go about searching, and not sure if there are drawbacks. Obviously it's going to take up some space at the end of the bridge, not sure if there are any other issues.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought one of those things years ago for my Hohner headless with Steinberger hardware. I found it on eBay, and it works great. Synapse doesn't need one. Which I never play anymore because the string spacing is really wide. I'd sell it. Fretless 5 in that reddish maroon tiger stripey pattern.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Archived