Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig...please help with Cubase.

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX and am running Cubase SX 2.0.2

In my vst multitrack setup i have selected the

Creative EMU10Kx ASIO driver.

After reading several articles on my sound card I realize that this is the driver i should be using however some odd problems arise.

My latency is set at 10 ms in the creative control panel.

I CAN create a midi track and rewire it with reason and play the devices in reason in real time through cubase.

I CAN create a midi track and play my vsti's in real time.

BUT when i have audio files in the sequencer, say for example a kick drum, the audio playback is delayed. The line will cross the kick when i press play but the output does not sound for about 2-3 seconds.

Whats even weirder is that i have to have the cycle tool on to even hear the delay. When the loop tool is not on then i cant hear any audio.

Even weirder, the shorter my loop cycle becomes the faster my audio is audible. If my kick sits on 1 and the loop is between 1 and 9 (measures)the kick will not play until the playback reaches about the 7th or 8th measure. The shorter i have my cycle, say now between 1 and 3, the quicker the kick plays, now about measure 2.

As you can see this is some really random shit and i dont know what is going on.

I have your mixing and mastering book for cubase but it doesnt cover this topic so i was hoping to get some first hand knowledge on what you think it might be.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Hip Hop is Future. Every generation breeds a new musical style and like it or not, Hip Hop is now.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fluxONE:

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX and am running Cubase SX 2.0.2

In my vst multitrack setup i have selected the

Creative EMU10Kx ASIO driver.

After reading several articles on my sound card I realize that this is the driver i should be using however some odd problems arise.

My latency is set at 10 ms in the creative control panel.

I CAN create a midi track and rewire it with reason and play the devices in reason in real time through cubase.

I CAN create a midi track and play my vsti's in real time.

BUT when i have audio files in the sequencer, say for example a kick drum, the audio playback is delayed. The line will cross the kick when i press play but the output does not sound for about 2-3 seconds.

Whats even weirder is that i have to have the cycle tool on to even hear the delay. When the loop tool is not on then i cant hear any audio.

Even weirder, the shorter my loop cycle becomes the faster my audio is audible. If my kick sits on 1 and the loop is between 1 and 9 (measures)the kick will not play until the playback reaches about the 7th or 8th measure. The shorter i have my cycle, say now between 1 and 3, the quicker the kick plays, now about measure 2.

As you can see this is some really random shit and i dont know what is going on.

I have your mixing and mastering book for cubase but it doesnt cover this topic so i was hoping to get some first hand knowledge on what you think it might be.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

I use a creative audigy 2ZS platinum pro and have a latency of 2ms.

I don't have any problems whatsoever.

Creative and www.cubase.net have lots of solutions and you could also try an independant driver called KX you can find it here: kx project

It didn't help me cause my audiocards driver works perfect but I hear nothing but good news about this one.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

thanks man that driver worked for my playback issues.

but for some reason with this driver activated cubase wont see my inputs.

Hip Hop is Future. Every generation breeds a new musical style and like it or not, Hip Hop is now.

Archived