Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gearfest 2018 - KC hang?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after looking at the dates for Gearfest, coincidentally I had already taken off of work for something else that week/weekend. I could change my plans if a KC hang were to happen. Not currently in the market for any gear, but always like to meet other forum members. So, count me in if a hang develops. :thu:
:nopity:

I currently have two nights reserved but like Dave I am not in the market for any gear. Because of this I have considered canceling my rooms and using the time and money to travel west. I want to drive from Minnesota to Washington state and knock a few more states off of my list.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

In! I went last year for the first time and had a great time. Enjoyed hanging out with brother Allan Evett and great to see dB there, as well. Reminds me of a mini-NAMM without the airfare. ;)

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

so where does everyone stay?

Varies. There's usually not a shortage of places to stay. There's a nice cluster of hotels near Lima Rd. and W. Washington Center Rd. that's fairly close to Sweetwater's campus.

Friday evening dinner hang would probably be the best bet as far as making sure everyone who's coming can make it, I would think.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I'm in ! A Friday evening dinner hang sounds good..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Where and when? Maybe this East Coast kid will try for a road trip if I don't have gigs or other commitments.

Clonk

so for anyone not working the show, just attending, is 1 day enough or are both days recommended?

One day is just fine.

I now have a reservation for dinner on Friday night for 8 people at 7:30 on Friday June 22nd at a fairly nice restaurant. I can always cancel or modify depending on how/if this works.

dB

Shucks, looks like that weekend will be tough for me. I have a late gig that Friday night and probably not worth trying to travel on Saturday. I'll have to put this on my radar for 2019.

I now have a reservation for dinner on Friday night for 8 people at 7:30 on Friday June 22nd at a fairly nice restaurant. I can always cancel or modify depending on how/if this works.

dB

Well, count me in. I think I will attend Friday, make a short appearance Saturday to qualify for drawings, and then head northwest. I'm hoping I can get to Fargo by Sunday night. Then I will start driving west until I hit Walla Walla Washington. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Damn.. I'm due for a business trip to the U.S. in the coming months, but end of June is too close to my wife's expectancy date...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Me and the Lady will be there Saturday, same as every year. Can't do any evening festivities 'cause we'll be passing through on the way from Toledo to Battle Creek, but we will try to find some of you guys.

Always seem to find A.E. without even trying, and one can hear dB's voice from 4 tents away, so... ;)

~ Bill C.

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I'll be there. We all have to meet up. Casio is bringing Michael Boddicker in to Gearfest to speak, I'll ask him about joining us for dinner.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I'll be there. We all have to meet up. Casio is bringing Michael Boddicker in to Gearfest to speak, I'll ask him about joining us for dinner.

Absolutely! I love Michael - we had an awesome dinner hang at NAMM this year.

dB

• 4 weeks later...

I will be there this year for Saturday only, so I am afraid that I will miss the Friday Night hang.

Incidentally, for first timers....one day is plenty, and IMHO absolutely worth the trip as there will be factory reps, interesting product demoes and very often new products being showcased. It is practically as good as Summer NAMM! And the Sweetwater campus is impressive!

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

My wife and I will be there Friday late afternoon, so we can join you all for dinner. :cool: It's kind of a "bucket list" thing for me, something I've always wanted to do. Besides, I haven't done a KC hang since 2003 when I still lived in Vegas.

Then Saturday will be my "musician's paradise" day. :keys2: And now that trying before you buy has mostly become a thing of the past, this would probably be my best opportunity to play some keyboards I've never seen in the flesh. I'm not really in the market for anything right now (yeah, right! :laugh: ), but it will be cool hooking up with many of you. :cheers:

><>

Steve

My wife and I will be there Friday late afternoon, so we can join you all for dinner. :cool: It's kind of a "bucket list" thing for me, something I've always wanted to do. Besides, I haven't done a KC hang since 2003 when I still lived in Vegas.

How very cool! Will be great to see you, brotha!!! :wave:

dB

So this is once again the week before Summer NAMM. Since I have no idea, can anyone tell me who (that I would care about) exhibits at Gearfest that does not do Summer NAMM?

I'd consider going if there was better representation of keys and software companies.

So this is once again the week before Summer NAMM. Since I have no idea, can anyone tell me who (that I would care about) exhibits at Gearfest that does not do Summer NAMM?

Yes, sir. A bunch.

I hear Summer NAMM is going to be pretty empty this year.

I'd consider going if there was better representation of keys and software companies.

Exhibitor list

...and you can join us for dinner! :cool:

dB

Archived