Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland, can we have an RD-76?

zephonic

As in, the RD-2000, but with a semi-weighted, aftertouch-sensitive 76-key action? I don't care if it sells for the same price as the 2000, but cheaper is better, of course!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have my eyes on the RD2000, for the home. :cool:

Hey Dave, I'm interested in your thinking about an RD2000. I thought you loved the connection you have with the CP4. Are you looking at all the flexibility you get with the RD? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

Have my eyes on the RD2000, for the home. :cool:

Hey Dave, I'm interested in your thinking about an RD2000. I thought you loved the connection you have with the CP4. Are you looking at all the flexibility you get with the RD? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hi. I still like the CP4 for gigs and it's not going anywhere.

Again, the RD2000 would be for home in the office taking the place of the CP5. Actually the CP5 works fine for what I use it for - just to pick out lines, voicings, check keys off of You tube. Or write down a line or voicing that might pop into my head that might leave me by the time I trek out to the studio, check it on the piano, and then have to write it down. So with just that use, it's not real pressing but I do highly like it and it's just a different sound and feel from the Yamaha.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

And this is where it gets complicated. I want to see a RD76 (or A76 controller) but with a hammer action.

(This is an example of Sven's First Law: "The market for your must-have feature is not big enough to warrant its development")

Personally, I don't see Roland promoting their flagship piano tone-generation technology with a non-hammer action. They already have the FA07 and VR70 in 76-note semi-weighted.

Why do you want a semi-weighted RD2000, by the way?

Regards, Mike.

And this is where it gets complicated. I want to see a RD76 (or A76 controller) but with a hammer action.

They already discontinued the RD64, but maybe, there might come something new near future ...

I recognized there was or still are the A-88 and A-49,- so something feature-upgraded and in between those key-ranges would be welcome.

(This is an example of Sven's First Law: "The market for your must-have feature is not big enough to warrant its development")

I dunno how well the RD64 sold, but it was available for quite some time.

I guess for many it didn´t offer enough controller features, pedal inputs etc. and when using the internal sounds & FX, they weren´t editable in depth and MIDI features decreased even more in that mode.

All drawbacks.

I´d be in when it had 76 weighted keys "A-C", 2 expr. ped. inputs, 2 momentary ft.-sw. inputs, Roland pitchbend/mod unit, 2 programmable buttons, oct-up/down button w/ optional pedal-assignment to that function and at least 4 sliders in addition.

USB and simultaneously usable 5-Pin-DIN-MIDI-Out.

Black flat-top case please !

No internal sounds and FX necessary,- at least for me.

A.C.

Why do you want a semi-weighted RD2000, by the way?

Id take any semiweighted, aftertouch-capable 76er Roland will release at this point. Im simply suggesting the RD because it would require minimal r&d (pun not intended).

A bonafide new flagship a la Montage or Kronos would be better, but I think they have pulled out of that market.

I just really miss having an up-to-date Roland flagship synth. Ive gone from a D-70 to an XP-80 to a Fantom-X7 to a Jupiter-50, and now theres nothing, other than the FA-07.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

FA-07 is no slouch. It has exceeded my expectations beyond what I have needed it for and continues to outperform its price.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Archived