Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP, Craig MacGregor

hurricane hugo

[font:Comic Sans MS]Former Foghat bassist (a blues-rock/funk monster) Craig MacGregor died last Friday (2/9/18) after a battle with lung cancer. He was 68 years old, and will always be a pivotal player for me.

I was a funk kid in the mid-'70s and didn't like much rock outside of Zeppelin. Hearing Craig's wicked grooving on Foghat Live gave me a way into that band's music, and they served as my entryway into the rock music of the day.

Thanks, Craig, and rest in peace. Wish I could've met you to say thanks in person.[/font]

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/foghat-bassist-craig-macgregor-dies-at-68/

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a big Foghat fan I was saddened to hear of Craig's passing. Of the many, many bass players to fill the chair for Foghat, Craig was my favorite. The Stone Blue LP, despite it's production glossiness, remains a favorite.
Push the button Frank.

• 1 month later...
Many of the great classic rockers, and the bass players who supported them, are starting to pass away. Craig;s bass playing was a key part of the Foghat boogie groove

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived